What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

Sweetpea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an epson printer with wifi for my PC can I use same and print with ipad? HAve been trying to find out myself but as am old and hopeless am having trouble

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your question about the Epson printer. To be able to print to this printer from your iPad you need a third-party app or program, such as PrintNShare. The iPad can only print directly to a relatively small number of new printers with Apple's special printing technology called AirPrint. At present, only HP printers have this built-in, though other printers have adaptors and additional software that can enable this facility. 'PrintNShare' though allows you to print wirelessly to most printers directly from your iPad and indirectly, to all printers. By indirectly, I mean that it communicates with the printer via your PC, which needs to be switched on for this to work. If you're uncertain about this, it might be easier if you know someone who could give you some help. Sometimes printing with PrintNShare works straightaway without any problems, but sometimes people have difficulties getting it set up. But don't worry, we're here to help and being old (as you describe yourself) is no barrier - we have a member who celebrates her 100th birthday this weekend!! So have a look at the PrintNShare app in the iPad App Store (there are other programs too, so have a look first and don't just go ahead and purchase it) and see what you think. Again, don't hesitate to contact us again..I'm sure we'll be able to help you get this set up - it might take a little time, but we're persistent!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Sweetpea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many tks for replies and i will keep trying or get a new printer. Current one is an Epson. Style BX600FW and sounds as tho it wont work

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many tks for replies and i will keep trying or get a new printer. Current one is an Epson. Style BX600FW and sounds as tho it wont work

It should work just fine - but will need a small program (app), such as PrintNShare.

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Sweetpea said:

no need to get a new printer, according to Epson, your printer works with the ipad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweetpea said:

no need to get a new printer, according to Epson, your printer works with the ipad

Thanks, Wytey - much appreciated. I merged the two threads the OP had started, so glad you didn't get 'lost'....

Tim

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Sweetpea, hope you were able to get your printer working - in case you havent the HP Photosmart iprint line of printers work great and you can get them for a very reasonable price (I found mine at Target for $59 on sale). Good luck with your iPad!
See you around the site,
Chiky

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airprint Adapter

Is there such a thing as an "airprint adapter" that could be used with non-Airprint printers?

Reaction score
kspector said:
Is there such a thing as an "airprint adapter" that could be used with non-Airprint printers?

There is. You only need the app Print'n'Share and the ipad will be able to print to most printers on the network.

If your printer does not have Wifi, you may need to connect it either to your Wifi router, or a computer to make the printer available on the network. An AirportExpress works great for making the printer available wirelessly.

Most reactions

Latest posts