What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printing

bobbyphi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how does one print wireless from the new ipad. without buying a app I have a hp photosmart 6510 all in one

Eddie ONeill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your printer must be capable of air print in order to print from your iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jamiev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HP 5520 AirPrint Will work. Less than $100. You can even print away from your wireless network as the printer has an ad hoc wireless network built in. I even plugged it in my car inverter and printed on the road. Isn't that amazing!!

morsecode44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a HP 3520 at Target for under $50 on sale and it works perfect after the new 6.0 and above firmware. Before the 6.0 it would be hit&miss whether it recognized the printer. The printer also has its own email address you setup and you can print from anywhere anytime away from home. When you come home you print is awaiting you in the tray ! If you get one of these printers be sure and d/l the latest firmware on your IPad.

Ed1102

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to About.com and see a list of printers that are Air print compatible. I looked and did not see yours there. On the bright side, neither was mine and at first I could not print. I was real bummed out as I had just bought the printer a few months before getting my iPad. For some unknown reason, it does print now. Maybe a recent update of the iOS enabled it. Maybe your will too in time. But as others have pointed out, a new printer that is guaranteed to work is pretty cheap.

kdog2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to About.com and see a list of printers that are Air print compatible. I looked and did not see yours there. On the bright side, neither was mine and at first I could not print. I was real bummed out as I had just bought the printer a few months before getting my iPad. For some unknown reason, it does print now. Maybe a recent update of the iOS enabled it. Maybe your will too in time. But as others have pointed out, a new printer that is guaranteed to work is pretty cheap.

Hello all new here. I have the new iPad4 and am frustrated at trying to find a printer app to allow printing. I have a Kodak c310 and it shows up in the one app I tried but still won't print . I could use some advice.

BNickO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We had very good luck printing with Printer Pro from both the iPad and iPhone on our wireless printer. They have a free lite version to test to see if it works.

CD Sailor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried printer pro free version but had no luck. Was directed to readdle.com/ppd but safari "cannot download this file". I presume I have to by a new printer? Same results on my iPhone 4S and my iPad retina. I welcome any ideas or comments.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tried printer pro free version but had no luck. Was directed to readdle.com/ppd but safari "cannot download this file". I presume I have to by a new printer? Same results on my iPhone 4S and my iPad retina. I welcome any ideas or comments.

Hello - as already stated an Air Print compatible printer is needed for immediate printing from the iPad; however, other options do exist - first try the website of your printer's manufacturer where an app/program may be available to 'mimic' Air Print; if not successful, then third party solutions are still another choice (one has already been mentioned).

For myself, I've been using FingerPrint (from Collobos HERE) for nearly 2 years - upgraded to their 2nd version (currently $20 but a 'free trial' is offered) - a small program is placed on your computer (assuming you have one?) and nothing on the iPad - their software simulates Air Print - has worked fine w/ my Canon Pixma & my Brother laser.

Good luck and let us know your results - likely will help others - :thumbs:

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OP
B

bobbyphi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, thanks to all my printer is now working it is a all in one hp 6510 and it is a air printer the ipad and iphone go thru my verizon router.

Most reactions