What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing without computer

ashmommy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just got the ipad 2. Pardon my lack of knowledge if this is a stupid question. I do not have a computer. I have a modem, a router, a Wii, and an android. I want to buy a printer that would work on the ipad 2. Does this exist? And what is the best one? I will be able from time to time take the ipad 2 to a computer to synch. But is the computer necessary to print.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A computer is not necessary to print. The iPads use AirPrint, so an AirPrint capable printer will work. HP has several. You can check these threads or Google for "AirPrint capable printers".

I bought the HP d110, about $110. If works very well for my needs. The set up was easy, just give the printer your router address when prompted. Your iPad will see it, and away you go! Don't bother with the HP e-mail feature, unless you're really bored, it doesn't always work very well.

Not all apps can print, but the ones with the "action" icon will (little box with an arrow coming out of the top).

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have to buy an AirPrint printer, there are apps to control other models, but I think AirPrint is a really slick way to go, and it's built-in!

OP
A

ashmommy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much! More helpful than the hour I just spent Googling this topic!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy hunting, enjoy your iPad! This is a great place for getting any help you might need :)

Most reactions

Latest posts