1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Printing without a Network???

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by bustoc, Apr 15, 2011.

1. bustoc

bustoc iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My question is..... my friend has an Ipad that he wants to take to his river home where there is no WiFi service....no internet....no router....no computer....nada, zip, nothing. Just him and his Ipad. He wants to buy a printer and be able to print from his IPad.

I found a similar thread that was started last year on this forum, but no recent posts on it, so I'll start a new thread with the same question.

I've found a possible solution on another forum and was wondering whether or not this would work. Here is their solution.....you set up an adhoc network.

If your WiFi printer can be set for an Ad Hoc network, then yes. If it is AirPrint capable, then you should be able to print from an iPad with no problem. If not AirPrint, a third party application like Print n Share would be required.

I have the HP D110 AirPrint printer. As I recall, you go to the printer's WiFi setup and enter a non-existent network name. When the printer can't find it, it should give you the option of creating an Ad Hoc network.

Can this work???
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0