What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to Epson Artisian 835

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Epson 835 Artisian printer is on the same wirless network as my Ipad3 and my Win7 PC. The Epson prints fine wirelessly from the PC but I can not find it with the iPad that communicates fine with email etc over the same wireless network. My preference would be to communicate directly to the wireless Epson printer. Any suggestions?

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand the only wireless printers that are compatible with iPad and iPhone are HP. Epson does not work with it. There maybe an app that can assist you with it but I'm unsure even that works.

Jduckip3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I read it has to be an AirPrint capable printer. I bought an HP Wireless with AirPrint, and I can print from the iPhone and IPad. Also, you can print to it from any device that can send email. It has it's own email address, and when you send to that address it prints. Pretty cool.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to print directly to my Artisan 835 with my iPad 2 through my wireless network but the new iPad doesnt seem to work the same way. I sent a tech support message to Epson for any ideas but haven't heard anything back yet

roguenode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to print directly to my Artisan 835 with my iPad 2 through my wireless network but the new iPad doesnt seem to work the same way. I sent a tech support message to Epson for any ideas but haven't heard anything back yet

You might check out Print n Share in the AppStore. I have used it to print directly to non-AirPrint compatible wireless printers.

bcovish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can print from my iPad 3 to my Artisian 837 wirelessly. No app required

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
UgashikBob said:
My Epson 835 Artisian printer is on the same wirless network as my Ipad3 and my Win7 PC. The Epson prints fine wirelessly from the PC but I can not find it with the iPad that communicates fine with email etc over the same wireless network. My preference would be to communicate directly to the wireless Epson printer. Any suggestions?

Check the app store for an Epson app. I have it and I can print to my Epson workforce printer wirelessly. It is nice.

OP
U

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bcovish:
When I try to print to my 835 from my Ipad3 directly using email for example I select print then select prints and it replys with No Airprint Printers Found. If you are able to direct print with a Ipad3 to a 835 could you describe how?
RandyM
I tried the app Epson iPrint app and it finds my 835 and displays its ip address but identifies it as a 830. According to the Epson support site my 835 is supported with the Epson iPrint app. From the app you can print from its four selections. Photos, Saved documents, Online Storage, Web Page Print, and Scan. When I follow the bouncing ball from the FAQ on email printing it says to open the app go to settings and display your printer. It takes a while but it finally displays my printer as a Artisan 830 with its correct IP address and the message found 1 printer. Per instructions I then open Web Page Print option and go to email and attempt to print the email and I receive the same no Airprinter found. It is unclear to me the role Web Page print plays is this. There were also several hits on the Epson site showing problems with certain Word, Excel and scanned documents.
RogueNode:
Looks like Print N Share can do the trick but want to try other options before assuming the 8.99 position.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bcovish:
When I try to print to my 835 from my Ipad3 directly using email for example I select print then select prints and it replys with No Airprint Printers Found. If you are able to direct print with a Ipad3 to a 835 could you describe how?
RandyM
I tried the app Epson iPrint app and it finds my 835 and displays its ip address but identifies it as a 830. According to the Epson support site my 835 is supported with the Epson iPrint app. From the app you can print from its four selections. Photos, Saved documents, Online Storage, Web Page Print, and Scan. When I follow the bouncing ball from the FAQ on email printing it says to open the app go to settings and display your printer. It takes a while but it finally displays my printer as a Artisan 830 with its correct IP address and the message found 1 printer. Per instructions I then open Web Page Print option and go to email and attempt to print the email and I receive the same no Airprinter found. It is unclear to me the role Web Page print plays is this. There were also several hits on the Epson site showing problems with certain Word, Excel and scanned documents.
RogueNode:
Looks like Print N Share can do the trick but want to try other options before assuming the 8.99 position.
I wasn't able to print directly to the 835 with my new ipad. When ever i printed using my ipad 2 I would select print form what ever application I was using and it would show the artisan with its IP address ( I use it wirelessly) and it printed. I downloaded two apps, Epson iprint and Print Jinni for Epson to see if those will get my ipad three to print I will try print n share if these dont work

tshermanlewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We bought the Artisan 835 specifically for the AirPrint capability with our iPad3 and it has operated flawlessly (with beautiful pictures) for about 2 months. Today it does not recognize (detect) any AirPrinters, so I was looking for an answer as to why it would suddenly stop. I will continue looking for the answer elsewhere and post a solution, if I find it.

tinks714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem printing to the Epson XP-400 which was touted as having air print and supposedly so easy to set up. They said if the printer had air print, then the iPad would recognize it instantly. Yeah right. Have spent hours trying to figure this out. Tried restarting printer, turning off iPad and turning back on. And still get message that ther are no air print printers.

Most reactions

Latest posts