What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to a wired printer

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was thinking it would also work on a Android device. Maybe not.

Also if you buy it for your iPad do you have to again buy it for a iPhone?

I don't know. They may offer an app for Android. You'd have to search Google Play. EuroSmartz app or not, I'm sure there are printing apps for Android.

The little plus next to or under the price means it's a universal app. It will work on both the iPhone and iPad, one purchase.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know. They may offer an app for Android. You'd have to search Google Play. EuroSmartz app or not, I'm sure there are printing apps for Android.

The little plus next to or under the price means it's a universal app. It will work on both the iPhone and iPad, one purchase.

I have bought the program for my iPad and the first testing page box it sets up when you open the program tested my HP printer. All tests were done and all printed. It sure will unload the paper tray for some unknown reason, they warn you of this item. But now I can't get the test box they put on screen with program removed, so I can move on to trying to use their program. There is no X box to get it removed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have Print n Share. Unless someone else who has Print n Share comes along, you'll have to go to the developer's support page and ask. I seem to remember a few past posts that suggest they have a good reputation for support.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have Print n Share. Unless someone else who has Print n Share comes along, you'll have to go to the developer's support page and ask. I seem to remember a few past posts that suggest they have a good reputation for support.

They have a bunch of help videos and I watched the printing from iPad one. At end of the test he hit print at bottom of page this printed out a getting started group of pages, and allowed me to X out of the test program. It's not real forward in telling one just how it's going to do things you just have to keep looking for help and trying things. Am sure it's a good program and look forward to learning how to use it.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. Hope the app works out for you.

I downloaded the Android program device and it's so far not found when trying to print a Doc. The iPad program is found and prints the Doc. I am trying to find a way to control the Font sizing, I don't see a way in their program and it just picks what it wants. Just might not be a way to do it. I e-mailed their support with questions about the font sizing and why their program does not show up in the Android device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most printing apps for the iPad convert the file to PDF then print. That means you have to up the font size of the original document in the originating app, before the printing.

The up side of this is that if you print to something other than a printer, say a folder on a computer (something both FingerPrint and Printopia can do) you end up with a PDF that looks just like the printed output would.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most printing apps for the iPad convert the file to PDF then print. That means you have to up the font size of the original document in the originating app, before the printing.

The up side of this is that if you print to something other than a printer, say a folder on a computer (something both FingerPrint and Printopia can do) you end up with a PDF that looks just like the printed output would.

Good reasoning you gave, printing from a tablet has some limits.

This was their answer to my Doc. printing question using the Android device

Hi

Thanks for your comments, however if you wish to print or manage documents then this is not currently featured in the Print Android app.

Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

Regards,

-Andrea
EuroSmartz Support

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well. I'm sure there are other Android apps that will do what you want.

In case you need advice, and don't have a source, this forum has several sister forums for Android. You'll find them down the right side of the Home page under Site Navigation. I used to frequent the Droid Forum, before I sold the Droid X. It was a good group of people.

madurairaja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I tried Handyprint software installed in my Mac OSX 10.8[Mountain Lion]. With ipad3 ios6 it was working nicely.I could print photos from camera roll, pdf from documents and .page file from documents and notes from ipad3 notes application. I have HP PSC 1200 all in one wired printer connected to my iMac desk top.

baxlobs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, an update on my printing problem, I have set up a wireless connection from my PC to the router. Fingerprint now works OK and my wife's iPad can see my printers.

Result. :)

Thanks to all who helped.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, an update on my printing problem, I have set up a wireless connection from my PC to the router. Fingerprint now works OK and my wife's iPad can see my printers.

Result. :)

Thanks to all who helped.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm Glad you got it working.

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions