What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing through desktop

Mitch_cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ok first ill start with my situation. We're in desperate need of a new computer and i said to dad we should get an ipad and just get apps and accesories to make it into almost a desktop but my brother wants an actual desktop. I told dad the perks of an ipad (2) over a desktop and that it would only cost a little bit more (dads a tight arse so money was a factor)for an ipad and an average desktop, just for downloading music and such, then buying a better desktop to handle the extra computing we'll need. Anywho dad still isnt 100% sold on the ipad because of the printing. Ive explained you can use drop box but he says that wouldnt do. As stated before dads tight so unless i really persuaded him (again) to stretch the budget i need an almost free way of printing wirelessly from the ipad. I know its a commonly asked qeustion so sorry for asking again but i cant find anywhere something relating to my specific needs. The printers an epson stylus cx4700. Is it possible to print from the ipad via the desktop like with laptops?
Sorry for the long post but thanks heaps in advanced
Mitch

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. I use this app (Fingerprint - see the link below) to print from my iPad via my PC to my printer. It works perfectly with the iPad. It makes the PC 'appear' like a compatible iPad printer. You simply install the app on your PC, select what printers (if you've more than one) you want to make available to the iPad and you're good to go.

Although the app costs about $10 there's a free 7-day version that you can try out. I like it because it means that you can print from within apps on the iPad that support in-app printing - some of the other solutions are 'messy' work arounds!!

As a Dad myself, I appreciate your Dad's perspective on keeping costs down - so be nice to him....:D

Here's the link...

http://www.ipadforums.net/airprint/32284-fingerprint-airprint-your-computer.html

Come back to us if you've any other questions; we're here to help

Have fun...

Tim

richardbui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for fingerprint. Love it! I can use my decades old laser jet on my desktop and print from my iPad or iPhone freely.

Most reactions

Latest posts