What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing photos full siEd from CAMERA ROLL or other albums via wireless printer.

sundogusn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who knows ?.... When I try to print a picture from CAMERA ROLL ON MY IPAD. I send them to my wifi printer. But the all come out as 4 X 5 instead if the whole page. Where is there a way to change this to 8 X 10 or what ever. Pdf's print normally when sent this way to my printer so I don't. Think it is a printer setting. Canine size the photos somehow ? Is there an app for that.......

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You need to provide much more information for us to address your question(s). First, what iPad do your own - current ones have a 5 MP camera which is a resolution adequate to produce an 8 x 10 print? Second, where are the origins of the pics you are trying to print, i.e. from the iPad's camera, downloaded from the web, added via iTunes from your camera? And third, provide information on the printer you are using and the method of transfer (assume Wi-Fi)?

Now just some basics on pixel image size & printing - the number of MP (megapixels) in an image is critical to the quality of the print - pixels/inch transfer to dots/inch (PPI vs. DPI) - for a printed image, the standard is 300 DPI (half that will provide an OK print); as seen from the chart attached, a 5 MP image from the iPad's camera will provide an excellent 5 x 7 inch print and a good 8 x 10 inch print (again I'm assuming you mean images taken by the device's camera?) - BUT, you'll need an app that will allow you to adjust the pixel density to achieve the print size desired - I'm going to stop here to let you respond - Dave

Image-size-vs.-Photo-size.jpg

OP
S

sundogusn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad4.

Md511ll.

iOS 7.7.1.

32gb

Photos sometimes. Text screen capture. Hp2540 wireless printer

Wat else can I provide ?

I don't think I,using AirPrint.

When I go to print I just select print. , then choose. Available printer. Which is the 2540's. Network.

R, Neal

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ipad4.

Md511ll. iOS 7.7.1. 32gb

Photos sometimes. Text screen capture. Hp2540 wireless printer

Wat else can I provide ?

I don't think I,using AirPrint.

When I go to print I just select print. , then choose. Available printer. Which is the 2540's. Network.

Hi Neal - first, the present version of iOS is 7.1.1, plus your HP printer is Air Print compatible (check HERE), really the only way you are able to print from your iPad.

SO, still need more information: 1) What images are you trying to print, i.e. you mention 'text capture' - what does that mean? and 2) Are you trying to print other images as I discussed in my previous post - please provide more information on the type of images you are trying to print out - Dave :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Possibly the stock Photo app is not as fully featured as some of the third party ones. Some may offer print size options.

OP
S

sundogusn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Got it figgered out ! Convert ant item in. ALBUMS to PDF .. Yet hen it prints full sized...
Thanks..... R, Neal

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Got it figgered out ! Convert ant item in. ALBUMS to PDF .. Yet hen it prints full sized... Thanks..... R, Neal

Well that's a great workaround!

And thanks for letting us know.....others may just want to do this too!! Enjoy!!

Most reactions