What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing on Lexmark 3500/4500 Over Wireless Network with iPad

footslogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done everything imaginable and still can't get photos/documents to print from iPad. In some cases I get the message that document is printing - - but nothing ! I have downloaded the Lexprint "Listener" app on my laptop as suggested but still nothing.

Anyone out there having any success printing from iPad to a Lexmark printer ?

Thanks in advance,

MJ

OP
F

footslogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Quite a few people here having the same problem, but there are some suggestions as to things you can try

Tim
Scotland

OK ...I waited for a few weeks to see if anyone else had success with printing from iPad - - but nothing so far.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE IN IPAD LAND HAD SUCCESS PRINTING FROM IPAD OVER A WIRELESS NETWORK TO ANY BRAND/MODEL OF PRINTER.

Thanks in advance ....MJ

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Quite a few people here having the same problem, but there are some suggestions as to things you can try

Tim
Scotland

OK ...I waited for a few weeks to see if anyone else had success with printing from iPad - - but nothing so far.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE IN IPAD LAND HAD SUCCESS PRINTING FROM IPAD OVER A WIRELESS NETWORK TO ANY BRAND/MODEL OF PRINTER.

Thanks in advance ....MJ

I have used PrintCentral on my iPad1 to print to my Samsung colour laser printer without problems. It's a WiFi printer, but not supported for direct printing by PrintCentral - so I downloaded their PC app and can print now via that app.

Until the last update for PrintCentral - which luckily I didn't install - that app supported in-app printing - i.e. it appeared as an AirPrint compatible printer in the print menu. But at the last update the developers were forced to remove that feature because it relied on an undocumented API (application programmer interface) in the iPad's operating system, iOS. Currently their PrintNShare app still supports in-app printing but everyone suspects that this feature will be removed from this app too very soon.

Tim

iamthekiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The printer support for ipad is really sad. Just jailbreak and download TruPrint from cydia. It automatically discovers wireless printers with zero setup.

macdudly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can easily print with any printer, search "AirPrint Activator" on google,
it is a very nice app and very easy to use.

I used it and it works

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can easily print with any printer, search "AirPrint Activator" on google,
it is a very nice app and very easy to use.

I used it and it works
Does anybody have a good download site for the windows version?

sajidisap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help please as I am new to this game. Recently bought ipad2. Lovenit but I can't get it to print anything on my lex ark z2490 wifi printer.... I have downloaded the LexPrint app from app store but settings won't recognise my printer ...any help appreciated

Most reactions

Latest posts