What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing on a shared printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogiesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to start another AirPrint thread but didn't see this addressed in any of the others out there. I've gotten my ipad to find my shared HP Photosmart Printer (wired) and I can send something to print. However, when I go to my print center, it just shows the status as "printing" but nothing ever actually prints. I just end up canceling the print request in the print center. Anyone else have this problem or anything to try for a solution? Thanks in advance for any input.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I was able to get mine to work without any work arounds. Your printer needs to be networked wirelessly to your router. Unplug from your computer and then run setup on the printer and let it find the router. Then you should be able to print from the iPad. Then run the CD that came with your printer and let your computer find the printer thru the router. Mine works great and I don't have any cables hooked to it at all, other than the power cord.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's right it must be a supported wifi HP printer not just a networked one. I'm closing this thread because this is covered in other Airprint threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts