What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing In my Car

whyster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have an Hp Officejet H470 in my car with the wifi adapter. Would it be possible for me to host a mobile hotspot on my ipad 2 for the printer to connect to, then print to it from my ipad 2? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad cannot, unfortunately, act as a mobile hotspot and that particular model of printer is not compatible with the iPad's new AirPrint printing protocol. The only way that you can print via that printer is when it's attached to a PC - which is not much help, I know.

There are a number of portable printers that are AirPrint compatible but I suspect that purchasing a new printer was not what you wanted to hear.

Tim

MMIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whyster said:
Hello, I have an Hp Officejet H470 in my car with the wifi adapter. Would it be possible for me to host a mobile hotspot on my ipad 2 for the printer to connect to, then print to it from my ipad 2? Thanks

If this is something you really need you could use a Mifi Hotspot (mine is Verizon) put your printer and iPad on the mifi network and print via a printing app such as "print n share" . Just a suggestion....

mhorvatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please check the solution called Walk'n'Print (walknprint dot com), there is a solution for portable printing from iPad to portable printing devices from Canon and HP.
The solution itself as well as the supported portable printers run on batteries as well as on 12V AC car charger.

keithwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's definitely possible to print from the iPad to the H470 without a router in-between ... I've been happily doing that for a while from literally anywhere.

I couldn't find any info on a true mobile printing solution for iPad (or iPhone/iPod for that matter) but felt sure it must be possible, somehow - so once I'd sorted it all out, I wrote down the solution and the steps to get it to work in the hope of helping others:

http://genuinely-original.blogspot.com/search/label/iPad Printing

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Keith

Most reactions

Latest posts