What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from ipad

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an air printer but no pc is there anyway to connect them? Or do I need pc

cailean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need the printer to be connected to the same wifi network as the iPad

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cailean said:

And to do this I need pc/laptop? I need to use disk in box I thought I could just connect to my wifi, obviously not as easy as I thought

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There should be instructions with your AirPrint printer on how to connect it to your wi-fi network without needing a computer. If they are not in the box, visit the manufacturer's site and look in support.

ripipemender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of printer, but I just installed a HP 8600 and it did not need a computer to set up. it will go thru looking for the network and you will have to input the network key and BAM its on your network , well that worked for me.
hope this helps

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
There should be instructions with your AirPrint printer on how to connect it to your wi-fi network without needing a computer. If they are not in the box, visit the manufacturer's site and look in support.

Tried website, even though I gave printer model, they still took me onto something my printer didnt have! So stuck again

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
orogard said:
I use Active Print app. Excellent. Allows you to use your printer.
Orogard

Tried this says can't see printer

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ripipemender said:
Don't know what kind of printer, but I just installed a HP 8600 and it did not need a computer to set up. it will go thru looking for the network and you will have to input the network key and BAM its on your network , well that worked for me.
hope this helps

It's a hp 3050A

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cailean said:

Only way I can find to do this is with pc

OP
kazkgb

kazkgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Calls it self air printer but to connect to pc first!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your printer does show up in the AirPrinter list. Make sure it's also the right sub-model HP Deskjet 3050A J611, and check Hewlett Packard's site for any firmware updates. If they have any suggestions or troubleshooting tips about routers I check them out too.

Sorry, but that's about all I can suggest.

iOS: AirPrint 101

HGraham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ActivePrint

Basic "ActivePrint" does not show "Add Printer". Is it necessary to buy advanced App ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Basic "ActivePrint" does not show "Add Printer". Is it necessary to buy advanced App ?

I'm not familiar with ActivePrint. You'll probably need to contact the developers for that info.

I noticed that the Lite version has a two star rating (with lots of reviews). Not encouraging. The Pro version does not rate much better, and some of the more recent reviews say its AirPrint capability broke Under iOS 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts