What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from iPad

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping with the new update, I'd be able to print from my iPad. Oddly, when at a friend's house, I was able to print a picture for them, but can't print from my own printer, Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901. I get some message about not finding an "air" printer. Is there a way to connect? On another note, how the heck do I stop all the popup ads!?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping with the new update, I'd be able to print from my iPad. Oddly, when at a friend's house, I was able to print a picture for them, but can't print from my own printer, Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901. I get some message about not finding an "air" printer. Is there a way to connect? On another note, how the heck do I stop all the popup ads!?
Your printer is not AirPrint capable and your iPad will not connect.

You could try contacting Lexmark customer service to see if they have any solutions for you.

ILikeChoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi
In order for an ipad to print, it relies on airprint enabled printers. it sounds like they may have an airprint enabled printer. first of all, check and see if yours is on the official airprint printer list: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356
i
f yours isnt airprint enabled, there are other work arounds such as lantronix, or apps such as print n share or printcentral
hope that this has been helpful :))

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Kodak ESP C310 although it is not an Airprinter. I used to be able to communicate with the printer emailing to [email protected] yet, for some reason this no longer works. Do any of you helpful souls out there know of an app which will help me print from my printer?
Sorry ILikeChoc, just seen your suggestions, have you any details?
Thanks in advance.
Mike (feeling very happy after Wednesday's encounter with Man City)

Last edited:

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
have you tried downloading the Lexmark app from the app store?

I have a Brother printer and use the Brother app and it works like a charm

P.S. you don't need an Airprint printer to get it to work...at least not from the branded app

I took a pic of my friend last night on my iPad, for his job, they needed a recent pic, and I printed it out from the Brother app (in color) and it looks great

all wirelessly

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Kodak ESP C310 although it is not an Airprinter. I used to be able to communicate with the printer emailing to [email protected] yet, for some reason this no longer works. Do any of you helpful souls out there know of an app which will help me print from my printer? Sorry ILikeChoc, just seen your suggestions, have you any details? Thanks in advance. Mike (feeling very happy after Wednesday's encounter with Man City)
If you have a Google Cloud Print account, you could use this app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kodak-document-print-app/id552862531?mt=8
It's an iPhone app and works with any Kodak printer.
There's also this app, but I don't know if it works with your printer, and it only prints to PDF files: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quick-print-lite/id669880755?mt=8
This is the link to the free app. There's also a paid version.

The app that ILikeChoc mentioned, will let you print via your computer: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/print-n-share/id301656026?mt=8

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J. A. To the rescue again. And thank you too, Contra. I will have a look at all your suggestions. Light at the end of the tunnel! :)
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
have you tried downloading the Lexmark app from the app store?

I have a Brother printer and use the Brother app and it works like a charm

P.S. you don't need an Airprint printer to get it to work...at least not from the branded app

I took a pic of my friend last night on my iPad, for his job, they needed a recent pic, and I printed it out from the Brother app (in color) and it looks great

all wirelessly

Can you tell me exactly which Lexmark app it is, please?

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
try Lexmark mobile printing...since I don't have a Lexamark I can't tell you haw well it works, but most of the time the manufacturer has the correct drivers to get the job/jobs done

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
try Lexmark mobile printing...since I don't have a Lexamark I can't tell you haw well it works, but most of the time the manufacturer has the correct drivers to get the job/jobs done
Thanks again, but it only prints photos. I need something which will print attachments in emails, which I should have made clear. Looks like the only contenders at the moment are Quick Print and Printnshare, which both cost a few bucks :(

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update to let you both know that the native app for Kodak which I have had installed for quite some time and which was mentioned by my oft saviour, J. A., actually works! What I didn't realise is that I had to use it in conjunction with an app such as Dropbox. I tend to rush into things and had given up trying to use the Kodak app because it only seemed to work with photos (which I do not print as I am a skinflint with printer cartridges). I know now how to upload my email attachments into Dropbox and voilà, I am up and running.
My issue was that I needed to print statements attached to emails every month and didn't spend enough time reading up on how to use the apps properly, typical me.
Once again guys, thank you both for your quick and informative responses.
Mike

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am installing the firmware and the printer as we speak on my iPad. Will let you know if I did it right. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts