Printing from iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by premo, Mar 18, 2011.

1. premo

premo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I still have not received my new iPad, so am learning from what I can read. I haven't seen much on how to print from an iPad. I have a Brother network printer and would like to be able to print to it. Any feedback on how I can do that?

Thanks!

2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I am no expert on this but I think that if your printer isn't wifi then you can't print direct but you can use dropbox app so that you can use your computer to print whatever you need from your iPad. It will be easier to explain once you have your iPad in front of you although there are a number of threads on here which cover the subject.

The Archangel

3. Zman1403

Zman1403
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I use PrintBureau on my IPad 1. Works fine for me.

4. premo

premo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, it is wireless, so I suppose that is a good start :)

5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I wish I could help further but that's the end of my knowledge on this subject, d'oh......there are a number of print apps on the app store, I would have a look through them, alternatively google iPad+"your printer model" which may come up with some wireless magic advise.

Good luck.

The Archangel

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Print n Share is currently the most popular app for printing. It works by inserting itself into the iPad's native AirPrint capability. I will support most wireless printers. For the rest, and printers that are not wireless it can go through a computer on the same network to print, when you install a client program on that computer.

It is not a perfect solution, but it's pretty good (so I hear). The app has to be working in the background before you can print. The only better solution is to buy one of the few HP AirPrint compatible printers.

iOS: AirPrint 101

7. qnet

qnet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Awesome answer! I was just poking around and saw were prin -n- share was integrated with Airprint in Pages. I thought that was cool.

8. JimAdams

JimAdams
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've been using print-n-share for about a week and so far I love it. It recognizes all of the printers I have on my home network without any problems and prints to them perfectly from within an app and even when I want to print a web page. And for small additional fee ($0.99) you can print anything to a PDF. I give 4.5 stars out of 5!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    It's pretty much the same answer you'll get from most forum members, at least if they've been here for a while. I just happened by first. I don't even use the app, though I'd pick it up quickly enough it I decided I needed to print from my iPad.

10. ZibaWal

ZibaWal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I was able to print with AirPrint both my iPad and iPhone with brother printer but now it stopped working:( any idea how can I fix?