What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from Ipad 1 - any advances in gear?

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've no need to change my old Ipad 1. It works perfectly and has a chunky feel to it that later models don't have. When they first appeared it was difficult to print from them due to the lack of gear available. I wonder if anything has changed. For example has anyone invented a plug-in gadget that will allow the pad to work with standard printers? Thanks,
Peter

OP
P

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've no need to change my old Ipad 1. It works perfectly and has a chunky feel to it that later models don't have. When they first appeared it was difficult to print from them due to the lack of gear available. I wonder if anything has changed. For example has anyone invented a plug-in gadget that will allow the pad to work with standard printers? Thanks,
Peter

Just answered my own question with Printopia - now working fine with Canon Pixma 4500.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Printopia is great. And you can print directly to folders on the computer, which is a great way of archiving those receipts that you receive via email or the web.

For Windows users OPrint is a similar solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts