What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from a printer via Ethernet connectionrver via Ethernet connection

Kinodad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Ipadpro 12.9. I have connected it to my office server via Ethernet connection.Works great. I need it to recognize the printer that is connected to the server via an Ethernet connect in another part of the office. How does one accomplish this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
O’Printer would probably be the easiest solution.
O'Print-Airprint Activator for Windows,print from ipad,print from iphone

If you are using Macs, then Printopia.
Printopia - Print from your iPad or iPhone - Decisive Tactics, Inc.

As long as the computer it is installed on can access the printer, then it can be shared via AirPrint. I used to use Printopia on my iMac, when the iMac was still my main computer. Worked great.

Needless to say, the computer must be on and logged into; so the software can run.

For a hardware solution, you can try an XPrintServer by Lantronix. Not cheap, but if it’s a solution for the whole office, and you have multiple printers this may be the best. Be sure your printer(s) is on the list of supported printers before purchase.

Note: As a bonus, both O’Printer and Printopia can print to a folder as PDF (JPG for images). Kind of a virtual printer. At least they could the last time I checked the feature lists.

Most reactions

Latest posts