What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing Directly from iPad3 Apps-Airprint-Open in

tanneuby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching all day now and have given up. Couple questions I still have. Can I print from my iPad DIRECTLY to a printer without a wifi network(no router/modem)? If so, does the printer need to have the built in Airprint? OR is there an app that will allow my iPad and my laptop to connect directly without a wifi network? I know how to print over a wifi network to a non-Airprint printer already. The problem is that my office does not have wifi(I know, archaic)

What I want to do is hit the "print" button in some of my apps(Notetaker HD, Client Board, ect.) and have them just print. I don't want to have to "Open in" to another app then print it. I don't care if I have to go through my laptop(Windows 7), but I do not want any extra steps if at all possible.

Thank you in advance,
Terry

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you get a wifi router can put you iPad and printer on it? You won't have Internet but you will have an internal, private network.

OP
T

tanneuby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably, but then the question remains. Can I print directly from the app on my iPad and not have to "Open-in" into whatever print app I downloaded to print.

Terry

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tanneuby said:
Probably, but then the question remains. Can I print directly from the app on my iPad and not have to "Open-in" into whatever print app I downloaded to print.

Terry

As far as I know, you need wifi to print to the printer, but the app needs to support it.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a $50 Netgear wireless router. The fact that it's connected to the Internet is irrelevant here. Netgear has apps for iOS, Mac, and Windows. The Netgear Genie app for my iMac (to which my non-wireless printer is attached) can enable air printing while it's running. Yes, I can print from my iPad with no fuss, as long as the iMac, the printer, and the Genie app are all active. You can do this, cheaply.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts