What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print iPad Page

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
I subscribe to the online version of a national daily newspaper which has recently provided the option of downloading the entire hard copy.
This gives me the opportunity of accessing one of the crosswords but of course it is not interactive (nor is it available as an interactive version) so the only way I have of doing it is printing it off.
The page does not seem to offer this option.
Any ideas?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you try clicking the share button and clicking Print? You'll need an AirPrint compatible printer but it should print the page.

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
It doesn't seem to have one, there is a clippings option that looks like it might work.
Studying on it now.

Edit: Ok. I've emailed a clipping to my PC, I should be able to print something off in a workable format.
thanks.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to have one, there is a clippings option that looks like it might work.
Studying on it now.

Edit: Ok. I've emailed a clipping to my PC, I should be able to print something off in a workable format.
thanks.

Hello - I like doing crosswords online (vs. w/ pencil & paper) - I usually start the day w/ AARP - this is usually an easy one; then, if I want another 'easy' one, I'll go to the Philly Newspaper; NOW, for more difficulty (takes me twice as long as the first two), USA Today (a paper I receive on the weekdays) is a good website; finally, if not exhausted, the Chicago Tribune has a more difficult one - NOW, the NY Times might be the ultimate but I believe a paid subscription, PLUS a little too difficult for me - I like a challenge BUT? Good luck - Dave :)

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
The one I'm after is the "Giant Crossword" from the Sunday Age, an Australian newspaper.
I have a paid iPad subscription but it only comes with the Quick crossword which is interactive and enjoyable.
The Giant is a true challenge though, the questions are general knowledge and not for the faint of heart.
(I include an example)

DOWN 1 A pupil of Holst and Vaughan Williams, which English composer wrote the Double Fugue for orchestra and the Darkling Thrush for violin and small orchestra? (5,8,7)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The one I'm after is the "Giant Crossword" from the Sunday Age, an Australian newspaper.
I have a paid iPad subscription but it only comes with the Quick crossword which is interactive and enjoyable.
The Giant is a true challenge though, the questions are general knowledge and not for the faint of heart.
(I include an example)

DOWN 1 A pupil of Holst and Vaughan Williams, which English composer wrote the Double Fugue for orchestra and the Darkling Thrush for violin and small orchestra? (5,8,7)

Well, I'm a classical music fan (have 4K CDs) and I cannot answer that question @ the moment - this would be a crossword puzzle that would likely frustrate me to no end, so hope that you get an answer or find a solution - Dave :)

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
This is virtually what the clippings app did, and then when I emailed it to my self it included a list of the questions in Word format which can now be printed off seperately so it will not be neccessary to try to decipher the enlarged list that is attached to the crossword frame.
Not perfect but an interesting excercise.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That will work. I'm glad you found a solution.

The only crossword I tackle these days in the one in the USA Today app. It's interactive. It also has a tell-me-when-I'm-wrong mode, which is the only way I ever manage to finish it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Robin Milford

Well, I've heard of this composer (did not remember his training) - actually, I have the CD shown below which is quite beautiful - Dave :)

51QOfSf+uKL.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts