What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print from nook app

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a doctor and sometimes like to give articles or book chapters to my patients for them to take home to read. I would like to print a chapter from a nook book that I purchased recently. I do have the app 'print n share' and print other things from that but have not been able to figure out how to print from the nook app. Any suggestions.?. I do not sell whatever I print - it is just to support my patients.
Thanks!

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PoetDoc said:
I am a doctor and sometimes like to give articles or book chapters to my patients for them to take home to read. I would like to print a chapter from a nook book that I purchased recently. I do have the app 'print n share' and print other things from that but have not been able to figure out how to print from the nook app. Any suggestions.?. I do not sell whatever I print - it is just to support my patients.
Thanks!

I went to the nook FAQ site on Barnes and Nobel web site ( go to app on iTunes and then hit the app support button, lower left side. In the first set of questions is are nook books, magazines, or newspapers printable? In short the answer is no.

If you are using a PDF from the iBook app then you can print that. If you are using an ePub book you can not print that. However you can select the text you wish to print, select copy then paste it into an email or pages and then print or send it.

From apple manual, and ePub book copied then pasted here:
"You can only email or print PDFs. These options aren’t available for ePub books."

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to publishers if you don't charge for reprints. You'd be violating their copyrights by reproducing chapters of their books. Under fair use, you're allowed to quote excerpts. That's all. That's how book reviewers are covered, for instance.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any way to copy and paste into the notes app and then print?

You can only copy very limited amounts from book apps. They build them that way on purpose. So you can send yourself a few excerpts, but they cap the amount tightly.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any way to copy and paste into the notes app and then print?

You can only copy very limited amounts from book apps. They build them that way on purpose. So you can send yourself a few excerpts, but they cap the amount tightly.

Just an idea/possibility.

Yes, it works for a quote or paragraph here and there, but the limit is low from each book. The OP was asking about a chapter, so I was trying to save him research time in case he didn't know.

TargetDriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pull up the page and lay your tablet face down on a copier and xerox it. Be careful not to put your tablet in a fax machine.:D

Most reactions

Latest posts