What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print from ipad2 to Samsung clx-3185fw

relgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I purchased my ipad2 I downloaded a Samsung app Mobile Print and was able to print to my Samsung clx-3185fw wireless printer.

I then changed service provider and hence a new wireless modem router NetComm NB6Plus4Wn.

I can print from my desktop and I can print from my wireless laptop but I can no longer print from my ipad. The app just keeps spinning away and cannot find the printer.

I have the latest firmware and device drivers etc but still no good.

Samsung tech suggest I enter a static address into my ipad. I have not got back to Netcomm or Apple support.

Any ideas

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem too and a static IP address fixed the problem. The issue seems to be that the router occasionally re-assigns the printer's IP address and the iPad doesn't 'look afresh' but continues to use the IP address that it found when it first 'discovered' the printer.

Tim

OP
R

relgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I have a similar problem too and a static IP address fixed the problem. The issue seems to be that the router occasionally re-assigns the printer's IP address and the iPad doesn't 'look afresh' but continues to use the IP address that it found when it first 'discovered' the printer.

Tim

Thanks for that

So when I enter a static ip address what am I entering is it my ip address of the printer or what?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to program your router to fix the printer address. Most routers dynamically assign IP addresses so, if you have devices which 'come and go', such as laptops or iPads or iPhones the IP address 'map' will constantly be changing. But you can force your router to 'fix' some IP addresses so that they never change and that's what you need to do for the printer. Initially it may not make any difference - you may need to get your iPad to 'forget' your printer and then 'find' it again. Then all should be fine.

But don't hesitate to contact us again if the problem isn't resolved.

Tim

karenmgammell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems figuring out how to get my Samsung CLP 325w to work. The Samsung wireless app on my ipad2 has 3 choices for IP address. Samsung techs don't have an iPad2 in front of them so they are clueless. I told them they will probably be selling to the IPad market so they should have one! Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems figuring out how to get my Samsung CLP 325w to work. The Samsung wireless app on my ipad2 has 3 choices for IP address. Samsung techs don't have an iPad2 in front of them so they are clueless. I told them they will probably be selling to the IPad market so they should have one! Any ideas?

You need to log in as administrator to your wireless router - it's the router that assigns the IP address - and you should be able to see there the IP address that's been assigned to the printer. It's useful if you tell the router to fix that IP address as a static address so you don't have to keep changing the assignment in the Samsung app.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts