What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print from iPad to any Windows-Connected Printer

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe you will find that useful. I haven't tried that method and can't tell you if it works. But maybe some of you have a minute to try and to share your experience.

Print from iPad to any Windows-Connected Printer

This way of printing looks pretty awesome if it works. Because it doesn't require any apps. For instance Printcentral costs 7€ which is too expensive in my understanding.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option is a PC app called 'FingerPrint'. It's a simple app that you download and install on your PC and makes your PC look like an AirPrint printer. Yes, it costs money, but there's a free 7-day trial version. The advantage of FingerPrint is that it's just a 'regular' PC program installation - no messing around with the Windows Control Panel etc...

I've tried it and it works just fine...

Tim

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totally gonna try both of these methods...what are your recommendations tim? i don't mind if i have to get an app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried both methods and, yes, they both work OK. I found the first one suggested a little more complex but the advantage is that it's entirely free. The second one, FingerPrint, has a free 7-day trial period and then you have to pay about $10 (I only know the UK price exactly). Neither method requires an app on the iPad, both rely on installing some software on the PC.

As I mentioned in my post, FingerPrint is much simpler to set up so, if you're not confident with the setup described in the OP's link, then my advice would be FingerPrint. If you're OK with that setup, then the first method is free and free is always good!!

Tim

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will try Fingerprint as well.

And sorry for posting it here. I see that there's a Printing and AirPrint section in this forum. My apologies..

gaylawilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option is a PC app called 'FingerPrint'
seriously...i'm not an airhead! I have downloaded FingerPrint to my PC, installed it and am ready to download the app. I can't find the Fingerprint app anywhere!! Really, I am the only one that can't find it?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gaylawilson said:
seriously...i'm not an airhead! I have downloaded FingerPrint to my PC, installed it and am ready to download the app. I can't find the Fingerprint app anywhere!! Really, I am the only one that can't find it?

I don't see it either.

Most reactions

Latest posts