What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preview from camera to iPad

PartyMotion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to connect my Canon 500d camera to an iPad for a direct preview of the pictures. I have already bought the USB connection kit.

Thanks in adventage

Gr.

Albert

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The connection kit will allow you to download pictures you have already taken to the iPad and view them, or later download them to your computer. So, if by preview you mean, view what's on the camera screen before you take a picture, generally no. Now I have seen a photo shoot where they were using WiFi to transmit what appeared to be a preview to the iPad, using a high end Canon camera, EOS1?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The connection kit will allow you to download pictures you have already taken to the iPad and view them, or later download them to your computer. So, if by preview you mean, view what's on the camera screen before you take a picture, generally no. Now I have seen a photo shoot where they were using WiFi to transmit what appeared to be a preview to the iPad, using a high end Canon camera, EOS1?

They must be using one of eye-fi memory card. It's not the camera.
Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo & video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The unit I saw was fitted onto the hot shoe with a cable connected to the side of the camera. It had an antenna on the top of it and the director? was looking at the iPad and directing the models, when he liked the poses he told the models to hold the pose and the photographer shot the picture. They also seemed to have a laptop that was being watched by an assistant.

I also found a Canon WFT-E3A Wireless File Transmitter that sounded like it might send whats on the display to another WiFi unit, iPad?? Not enough info on it to really say. Expensive $614.

Most reactions

Latest posts