What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepared for shipment!

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supposedly, there is a new shipment coming in tomorrow. For those in the States, I wonder if it is too late to cancel your order tomorrow IF you buy one tomorrow.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can cancel anytime until it's in the prepared for shipment stage. I assume you could return the unopened online order to a local Apple store if it was too late as well.

But the new shipment thing seems a mixed bag. Some people said their apple store was getting one, other said they didn't know when they were getting a new shipment, per posts on other forums.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64G ATT 3G on its way!!!

Just checked status on my order (placed 12:55AM on launch day) and both my 64G 3G (ATT) and black leather smart cover have shipped out of China. ETA is this Friday for both. Odd thing is iP2 shipped FedEx and the cover shipped UPS. FedEx is more reliable here in Hawaii anyway.....

Anyone else's 64G 3G shipped too???.

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This tells me there is hope. Will keep watching the online order status. Maybe I'm next having placed order at 12:56 PT. Did u order black or white?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Smart Cover has been delivered, and my iPad has made it stateside--at the FedEx facility in Anchorage, Alaska currently.

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White ones seem to be shipping better than black ones. I wish I knew what the hold up is.

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My black 32 GB WiFi just passed Int'l Shipping release in Anchorage.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My black 32 GB WiFi just passed Int'l Shipping release in Anchorage.

Same.

Next stop should be the shipping hub in Memphis.

Got home and got my smartcover. I like the blue color and the quality of the build. Now for the iPad to get here to put it on!

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lynette said:
White ones seem to be shipping better than black ones. I wish I knew what the hold up is.

Not true I ordered a white 32 gig 3G AT&T. On Friday at 4:18am. And mines still says processing.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G seems to be the main delay. That and 64gb models period.

Doesn't seem to be a black or white issue.

They just manufactured and shipped more 16gb and 32gb wifi models first is what it seems like. I'd guess--being the 2 cheapest models--that those are in the highest demand so they focused on those first to make the largest number of people happy.

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, really there's no sense to any of the shipping. Can't figure if it's models, colors, time ordered. Just seems to all be random.

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WordSmith said:
So, really there's no sense to any of the shipping. Can't figure if it's models, colors, time ordered. Just seems to all be random.

Real shame. Those that spent the most, get theirs last. I'm really learning patience on this event. Sheesh.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, as I just said--3G and 64gb models haven't seen many ship.

16 and 32gb wifi models in both colors have shipped with many of us on other fourms like Macrumors having scheduled deliveries for Thursday.

So that's the rhyme and reason of it. 16 and 32gb wifi got the first shipments among the early orders. Some 3g orders are starting to hit prepared to ship per Macrumors posts, so hopefully those will be on the next couple of planes from China for those of you who ordered early and haven't shipped yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts