What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepaid 3G sim for short term visit to Malaysia....

Shanghaimike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I will be traveling to KL at the end of May for 3 weeks and require a good value 3G service for my iPad. I would appreciate any recommendations from our Malaysian members. Thank you in advance.

OP
S

Shanghaimike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Now in KL and have found that UMobile plan U68 is fantastic deal and 10 times faster than Digi and Maxi. Only costs 68 Ringit for 5GB per 30 days, at a speed of 42 Mbps, (digi is only 384 Kbps!) no need to top up just buy another card.
Thanks for your help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Now in KL and have found that UMobile plan U68 is fantastic deal and 10 times faster than Digi and Maxi. Only costs 68 Ringit for 5GB per 30 days, at a speed of 42 Mbps, (digi is only 384 Kbps!) no need to top up just buy another card.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the feedback - I'm sure this will be useful to other Members travelling to Maylaysia.

Tim

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However, UMobile coverage is only strong in city/urban areas. DiGi is the same, except it offers more coverage in non-urban areas. I recommend Maxis- it's Malaysia's widest network coverage. It's also quite fast. Celcom is only optimal in Celcom territories.

Most reactions

Latest posts