What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PrePaid 3G internet in France, Germany and Italy

MMAARRKK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear sir or madam,

I am going for holidays and business trips pretty often lately to France, Germany and Italy. Since I'm almost dependent of my iPad, I would really appreciate PrePaid 3G internet in those countries. I have at least some requirements to the microsim-card, which are these following:

• Be PrePaid
  • Pay per use, not per time.
  • preferred: multiple sim-cards, not the 3 countries on one
Could you just also please drop the e-mail adresses of the sales departments of the providers? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Yours faithfully,
Kind regards,

Mark

P.S. please don't mind my English! It might just not be perfect, since it isn't my mother tongue.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
OP
M

MMAARRKK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

as far as Germany is concerned:
There are several alternatives - here is one: *...*

prepaid, individual micro sim, but pay per time unfortunately.
So 2 out of your 3 requirements are fine.
Day flat for € 2,50 and you can order online.
Hope this helps.

Knut

Thanks! However, the main problem is is that I wont use it very long but daily! So, once I just open my mail and it's empty I wasted €2,50 which could be used differently to spread over, e.g. for checking 5 times! It is a bit waste of money, which sounds better then It actually is.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Mark,

I see your point.
If I were you I would try another option. Every larger city has a Starbucks which offers free Internet access. So you could go there grab a latte and check your e-mails and ....
Or you could go into a restaurant, ask for their wifi password and surf. Or try this in a smaller hotel - ask the the receptionist or some waiters in the lobby.
Does this sound reasonable? Of course, this only works if they have wifi.

Knut

p.s. Should you happen to be in Berlin, you can always check your mails in my office, if I am in.

OP
M

MMAARRKK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am going to be in the west. Outside of the Ruhr Area, there are going to be no big cities. And also, it is not just for now. I get to go to Germany pretty often and these are not the big metropoles out there. I also don't want the cards for 'just once' but every time I go abroad inside Europe, which mainly are these countries. Same counts for France and Italy. For example, I'm going to Italy for skiing in March and those are really no big cities, just villages with 3.000 inhabitants at the most. I'm going to reside at an apartment and wired internet seems like a new invention to them, so I don't even dare to start about wireless of WiFi.

I know it seems very difficult as a foreigner to get a French sim card. What are the exact restrictions and how strict are those?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

OP
M

MMAARRKK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some research and found a micro-SIM-card by blau.de. Does anyone have recommendations and/or advice for this product? Looks good to me!

Thanks in advance
Tschüss( or simply kind regards),

Mark.

chrismacgowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on 3 in the UK and despite turning roaming ON I have never been successful in picking up another carrier which will allow me to connect in France, Germany, Austria or Italy. So I have to be constantly vigilant for WiFi to stay in touch. Am I doing something wrong as I would like to have the sort of convenience you get with a mobile phone which just automatically hooks you up with a sister carrier as you cross a border? chrismacgowan London UK

GR2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI! Maybe you know how much cost used Vodafon sim for ipad?

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I did some research and found a micro-SIM-card by blau.de. Does anyone have recommendations and/or advice for this product? Looks good to me!

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Blau.de is quite ok, except that it may be a bit difficult to get the sim card activated, when you do not have a German residential address and your German is limited. I know two ways of activation.
1. Over their website - German only
2. Over the phone - German only.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts