What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictive text

Vivmac1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get rid of a predictive text? It keeps predicting my email address wrongly and I have to keep clearing before I can continue. Really annoying if I don't notice at the time

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Settings', 'General', 'Keyboard', 'Autocorrection' -> 'Off'

However, the iPad's Mail app keeps a list of recently used email addresses completely independently of your Contacts list. If you accidentally mistype an email address then, for quite a while, this mis-typed address will be offered to you as you start to type a similar email address. There is no way on the iPad to clear this list, however it is of finite length and this mistyped address eventually 'falls off the end' of the list.

Tim

CestMoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
'Settings', 'General', 'Keyboard', 'Autocorrection' -> 'Off'

However, the iPad's Mail app keeps a list of recently used email addresses completely independently of your Contacts list. If you accidentally mistype an email address then, for quite a while, this mis-typed address will be offered to you as you start to type a similar email address. There is no way on the iPad to clear this list, however it is of finite length and this mistyped address eventually 'falls off the end' of the list.

Tim

Here's a followup question... I like the predictive text when it does things like add the apostrophes for me. The only one time it is making me crazy is predicting someone else's name when I type my email address. It's not like it is even suggesting some common word as the name. It suggests someone's unusual name! This doesn't make sense. Is there anyway to get rid of the predictive feature selectively or add your own email to a dictionary?

Most reactions

Latest posts