Pre-configuring iPads

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by cjbechillin, Sep 8, 2010.

1. cjbechillin

cjbechillin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,

I am investgating something for the company I work for. The task I have been given is to preload an iPad with pdf and .mp4 movies that we have created. We would then send these out the sales people and/or customers.

My problem is that whenever one of these iPad's is hooked up it wants to erased it. We own all of the items I am preloaded and we created them. There is not copywrite or intellectual property infringment. Is there a way for this to be done or am I S.O.L.

Best,
    Chris
  2. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you expand on "whenever one of these iPad's is hooked up it wants to erased it"?

Are you plugging the iPad into the same computer you used to preload it, or another computer?

If it's the same computer, that's odd. But if it's a different computer, then it makes sense since it's trying to do a new sync (which means erasing everything and starting over).
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    As far as I know, you can sync as many different devices to the same library so in theory, each one should be identical and there is apparently something else going on if it wants to erase the contents when it is hooked up. Unfortunately, I can not tell you what that "something else" is with the information you presented. Sorry.