What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PowerPoint on iPad?

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Keynote can open a powerpoint file up to some extent. Or if you have a DropBox account, upload the powerpoint file there and open it on your iPad 2 using the DropBox app. it will open the file and show you the slides in PDF form. The content are all there but no animations or transitions.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are good apps for doing just that. Quick Office, Office HD, and Docs to Go are all good choices. They also open and work with other MS Office files from excel and word. Each one is a different price and each has some positives and some negatives. Take a look at each one to see what works bets for you. Plenty of reviews on all three of them.

Hope that helps.

pmuldoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to recommend a free app called Slideshark. I use it in my classroom.
You can get Slideshark at the app store but you will need to have a pc or Mac handy to have access to the Slideshark site so you can upload whatever PowerPoint you want to view. Then go to your Slideshark app on your iPad and download/stream it.
It has worked extremely well for me and has cut down my app purchases for the classroom.

Good luck.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@pmuldoon : Dude, I tried Slideshark and it works wonderfully! Thanks for bringing it up!

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can this be applied the other way using slide shark, ie from keynote to slide shark so I can share a presentation with other iPad users who work remotely?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't use SlideShark, but from the description it should work. Just export the Keynote presentation as a PowerPoint.

pmuldoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to have given some welcome advice. Yes, I agree that a Keynote presentation should be converted over for use by Slideshark.

Most reactions

Latest posts