What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Consumption

ADubin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know if I have a lot of applications open (15 +) on my iPad 2 open will it consume more power giving me less battery life vs. if I only have one open at a time? ADubin

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most likely, I would say no. Some apps run in the background and update, but I believe iOS is designed to minimize the apps that run in the background. But every once in awhile I double click the home button and close all of the apps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

ADubin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You

GoPackGo, Thanks for your immediate response to my question. Arnold

Most likely, I would say no. Some apps run in the background and update, but I believe iOS is designed to minimize the apps that run in the background. But every once in awhile I double click the home button and close all of the apps.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ADubin said:
GoPackGo, Thanks for your immediate response to my question. Arnold

No problem. I don't think the number of apps you have "open" effects battery life all that much, based on my basic understanding of how iOS is designed. :) usually battery drops are because of other things - location services, display brightness, etc.

OP
A

ADubin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's good suggestion about lowering the screen brightness. Arnold

No problem. I don't think the number of apps you have "open" effects battery life all that much, based on my basic understanding of how iOS is designed. :) usually battery drops are because of other things - location services, display brightness, etc.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I agree. I never close my apps AND my brightness is at 100% ~ one of the reasons I got the iPad ~ still get 10 hours battery life.

Me too, I'm on 100% brightness, and for me it's worth it if I mabe lose a little battery time in exchange for a super bright display :)

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Two great minds think alike.:) If I wanted to dim brightness I would have kept my Nook instead of selling it for my iPad.

Just tried my iPad on 50% brightness... Arghhhhhh only 50% the fun!!! :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ADubin said:
That's good suggestion about lowering the screen brightness. Arnold
It's a battery killer for smartphones and iPads alike!

SweetPoison said:
I agree. I never close my apps AND my brightness is at 100% ~ one of the reasons I got the iPad ~ still get 10 hours battery life.
My brightness level is really low... But it might be worth it to get a shorter battery life. Off to try it!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find 100% brightness to bright for comfortable viewing when I am indoors, but I tend to keep indoor lighting a bit on the dim side.

Most reactions

Latest posts