What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power charger cubes for iPad vs iPod or iPhone

Drifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over the years we've accumulated a number of white power cubes for various Apple devices (iPods, iPhones and our new iPad 2).

I'm given to understand that the iPad requires a higher-power cube than the other devices take.

Is there a quick way to tell the one for the iPad visually from the other cubes? Or do I need to get a magnifying glass and squint at the tiny gray text on the side of the cube? They all look fairly similar to me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no easy way to distinguish the cubes from each other but, as you mention, the specification for each is printed on the side. The iPad charger has a 2.1A rating, the other chargers are significantly lower.

Tim

Reaction score
The iPad one will say "Apple [power rating] Charger" or something like that. The lesser power ones will say "Apple iPod Charger" or "Apple iPhone Charger".

Most reactions

Latest posts