What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Christmas gift but don't have a clue!

Biggie44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am considering buying my partner an ipad2 for her Christmas, can anyone recommend which ones best! I am confused by them all! If I went for the 3 G option do I need to get an Internet contract? Also realistically how many GB are required?

please help my very confused head!

Forgetful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get her a gift card and let her decide if she's more technical than you.

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends how your partner will use it and how much storage space she needs... I have the 32GB 3G &wifi. I have a "pay as you use " orange data plan for the 3G ... It's capped so it can't charge you more than £40 per month however it should be anything like that actually use... I can't see me using even half of the 32 gb and I have quite. A few apps and photos so I'd say a 16GB is enough unless she stores lots of music and apps etc

Last edited:

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would go with 3G and wifi, I have a pay as you go sim in it, gotta say I don't need the 3G much, but it's nice to have the option when I'm out and about. Think aswell unless there's lots of vids and music stored 16gb is easily enough

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does he have an iphone? If somdont get the 3gnipad, its a waste of money as you can just tether them.

Sent from my sexy black iPad 2 using iPF

amitabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely go with the 3G and wifi, coz she can use it on the go from any location. And yes you have get the micro sim for it, apple gives you a free sim card at 5£ when you 1st buy it and then you can just pay as you go or get a plan. As for the size, it's really a matter of how much music she wants to out in it and the kind of work she needs to do with it, m a musician and needed the big apps that take a lot of space so I got the 64gb one but otherwise if you're using it for emails and presentations kinda stuff then I guess the 32 should be fine!

Enjoy it!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are the likely usage scenarios? About the house only? Out and about? Using it with an existing iTunes library? Any other iPod devices in the house? The more info you can share the better. Does she currently use a computer or similar device? If so, what kind and what does she use it for? Does she have any hobbies that the iPad may also help her with? With so many available apps, it is a very versatile device.

Most reactions

Latest posts