What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting New Thread

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just taken me hours to work out how to do this, that's if I am doing it, which doesn't bode well for the future.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you DID do it!! Congratulations...

If you have a specific problem, then you can either post a question or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page.

If you want to post a problem, you’ll probably want to either append your question to an existing thread if your problem is related to the topic being discussed in that thread, or start a new discussion (thread). To do that, you need to navigate back to the ‘iPad Forum’ page (button near the top of the Forum web page), then choose a discussion area that you think most suits the problem you want to discuss - say ‘iPad DiY’, click to enter that area and then you’ll see a button ‘Start New Thread’. You can click on that and enter a title for your thread and the usual text box where you can type the details of your problem.

It makes sense to use a thread title that’s as descriptive as possible. So I wouldn’t call a thread ‘I have a problem’ because no one scanning through the thread will know what the problem is or whether they can help and, since there are so many posts made each day, no one has time to read them all.

So, instead, make the title of the thread as specific as possible - ‘iPad screen goes blank every 5 seconds’, for example would be better (though not as good as it could be, I have to admit) and then give as much detail of the problem as you can.

But don’t be afraid to post - all the Forum members are really nice and the Moderators keep them under control and make sure they’re well behaved and polite - well, most of the time!!

But just enjoy your iPad. Like any new product, they'll be 'issues' that will arise - first piece of advice, don't panic and don't do anything rash. I've read of people who have restored their iPads - generally a last resort - when the problem was far far simpler.
Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
It's just taken me hours to work out how to do this, that's if I am doing it, which doesn't bode well for the future.

You did well.
Keep up the good work and each time will get easier.
If you decide you want to start checking this site without your browser there are a couple of apps that are very easy to use. I prefer the apps because they are straight forward without the distractions.
The members here will be more than happy to walk you thru anything you need help with.
Glad you have joined this community.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

rdix55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sending photos via email doesn't work

I cannot get my photos to send with email, is there something special I need to be doing? I tried copying and pasting as well as using the link in the box to send to email. Nothing works

Robin

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my photos to send with email, is there something special I need to be doing? I tried copying and pasting as well as using the link in the box to send to email. Nothing works

Robin

Are you trying to do this from within the Photos app on the iPad? You can't do this from within the Mail app. You need to go to the iPad's Photos app, find the photo that you want to send and then touch it and you'll be offered a menu that includes the ability to email it. You can then fill in the various To: addresses and any accompanying text that you want to add.

Tim

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are you trying to do this from within the Photos app on the iPad? You can't do this from within the Mail app. You need to go to the iPad's Photos app, find the photo that you want to send and then touch it and you'll be offered a menu that includes the ability to email it. You can then fill in the various To: addresses and any accompanying text that you want to add.

Tim

Has somebody muscled in on my thread? It took me ages to work out how to ask this, which bodes even less well for the future...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Has somebody muscled in on my thread? It took me ages to work out how to ask this, which bodes even less well for the future...

It happens. We all learn from other's threads ~ it works well for the future.:)

It took you ages? So ~ do you know how to post a thread now?

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm David from Milwaukee. Plan on getting an iPad but am not compeltely sure if I will. I do know that I will be buying the second generation version a year from now though.

I'll lurk a lot and bring as many news clips an the what not to the forums as I can.

I'm DavidDroid on droidforums,net by the way.

Peace

2 in the same week. you're on a roll now.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
2 in the same week. you're on a roll now.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Gosh, I could be getting the hang of this! Bodes well for the future of me and my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts