What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post NEW Thread

mrlewp87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it, finally!! I'm not ashamed to re-post this here because I still say it was too hard to find, since I had to go thru hurdles again , .... Because NO HELP FILES, and Search never came thru with any results. The arrow icon, top of page- brings to mind Forward, Share, Mail, Message... etc. Is it too much to ask, that in a discussion forum, to have dedicated buttons for "REPLY", "Start New Discussion" ? ( I know I'll get hammered on this, that few if ANY will agree. And I'm now doubly angry and annoyed that I've wasted my time here, when there's numerous websites to talk about i-Things !)

I'M FINDING IT NECESSARY TO INSERT MY QUESTION HERE BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE!!; ..... that is, HOW DO YOU POST IN THIS STINKIN' _\'{*}^><}£^#}><£{^><^>£^{ iPAD APP and/or FORUM????????????
I've searched, and searched, ...... variations on the keywords!! I've gone down all roads / followed forum threads as far as I can, to just find REPLY!!!!!!!??????? No, that's NOT HOW I GOT HERE. THIS IS AN EDIT, of my own thread. But you know that.
You may ask, "Well, mrlewp, how did you post the original thread? GOOD QUESTION!?? IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT TO FIND IT. Perhaps, I don't know, "Post New Thread". Or, "Ask A Question". Something simple and OBVIOUS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Hope I didn't pay for this app!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is industry standard forum software. We don't write it. We use what we have available. To start a new thread, you have to be in the subforum where you want to start it. You can't start a thread from inside another one. That's why the action button doesn't have an option there to start a thread.

If you have any questions, you can PM any of the moderators. You can do this even before you have reached the six post milestone for sending PMs to other members.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found it, finally!! I'm not ashamed to re-post this here because I still say it was too hard to find, since I had to go thru hurdles again , .... Because NO HELP FILES, and Search never came thru with any results. The arrow icon, top of page- brings to mind Forward, Share, Mail, Message... etc. Is it too much to ask, that in a discussion forum, to have dedicated buttons for "REPLY", "Start New Discussion" ? ( I know I'll get hammered on this, that few if ANY will agree. And I'm now doubly angry and annoyed that I've wasted my time here, when there's numerous websites to talk about i-Things !)

I'M FINDING IT NECESSARY TO INSERT MY QUESTION HERE BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE!!; ..... that is, HOW DO YOU POST IN THIS STINKIN' _\'{*}^><}£^#}><£{^><^>£^{ iPAD APP and/or FORUM????????????
I've searched, and searched, ...... variations on the keywords!! I've gone down all roads / followed forum threads as far as I can, to just find REPLY!!!!!!!??????? No, that's NOT HOW I GOT HERE. THIS IS AN EDIT, of my own thread. But you know that.
You may ask, "Well, mrlewp, how did you post the original thread? GOOD QUESTION!?? IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT TO FIND IT. Perhaps, I don't know, "Post New Thread". Or, "Ask A Question". Something simple and OBVIOUS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Hope I didn't pay for this app!!

Here is the process which if found in the FAQ link located at the top of EACH screen:

Click FAQ Apple iPad Forum FAQ

Click Reading and Posting messages Board FAQ

Click Posting new messages Reading and Posting Messages

There is a good amount of information in the FAQ section so familiarizing yourself with the entire section may reduce any future frustration.

Cheers!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts