What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a picture that you took with your iPad!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was a great idea put to me by one of our very cool members. I will let him pop in if he wants. I don't have an iPad 2 so I will live precariously through you guys!

Please do not turn this thread into how bad you think the camera is or isn't.

Let's include videos too ~ I'm curious.:D

Who is first?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to upload them straight up from my iPad? I.e., without uploading it to file hosting servers? Would installing tapatalk fix that?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
a quickie i took this morning of one of my mutts... (taken in landscape rotation)

(i've certainly no complaints on the camera as a whole, other than the physical size it shoots)

dog.jpg

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Generally, the ipad2’s camera's internal shots come out very grainy, good light or not. But, there are occasions, especially when natural light is excellent, a sweet spot can be found.

And this is the key - good external natural lighting. Artificial internal lighting is generally where the poor ipad2's camera falls over. Outside on a decent day you can take decent photos.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Generally, the ipad2’s camera's internal shots come out very grainy, good light or Outside on a decent day you can take decent photos.

This is very true! I was using Max's iPad to take outside pictures and they were very nice. Excellent color.

So......take some more.:)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Reaction score
here's a couple more quickly taken to demonstrate further.....

1) quick close up in my front yard. weather is overcast.
http://www.sjleworthy.com/temp/ipad01.jpg
ipad01.jpg

2) couple of my car, weather been wet, but brightening up
ipad02.jpg

ipad03.jpg

3) few in my back garden. sun just poking through the clouds.

ipad04.jpg

http://www.sjleworthy.com/temp/ipad05.jpg
ipad05.jpg

ipad06.jpg

http://www.sjleworthy.com/temp/ipad01.JPG

Very nice. Thank you for posting them.
I'm looking forward to seeing more.
I was taking some on my Galaxy Tab and found that a center metering works so much better than spot or matrix for shots in bright light both indoors and out. What was the metering set to for those. The colors look very realistic and not washed out like so many cameras on mobile devices do. Whether 2mp or 20mp I don't think the tablets have the software to compensate for variable light/shadows without help from a program after saving the shot.
that's why I like threads like these. If you post more will you write any settings changes you've made or whether full auto? Thanks.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
there are no changes i can make. it's only auto. just point and click.

If you tap on the screen whilst framing your pic, it will adjust the exposure for that point.

iWant my iCloud

Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
there are no changes i can make. it's only auto. just point and click.

If you tap on the screen whilst framing your pic, it will adjust the exposure for that point.

iWant my iCloud

So full auto and it decides what's best?
Interesting. I'd be interested in how it handles shadows and bright in the same shot.
I have an Ipad 1 so have to do like SP wrote , live vicariously through y'all

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to upload them straight up from my iPad? I.e., without uploading it to file hosting servers? Would installing tapatalk fix that?

Tapatalk allows direct upload.
There is a roundabout way as well if you want to use your browser. Icab mobile allows upload of files.
You can also use photobucket app , upload the picture to it and post a link to the photobucket picture url.
I took this picture on my Tab, emailed it to myself, saved the photo on my phone, post it with Tapatalk.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308835853058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308835853058.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 443

Most reactions