What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a pic of your Lock Screen and Home Screen!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 60166
View attachment 60167
Taken on the morning of August 27th.

One welcome feature of the upcoming iOS 8 release is the elimination of the very annoying zooming of any photos used as wallpaper in iOS 7. The framing of the photo used as wallpaper will remain exactly as is was on the camera roll.

I will certainly welcome that as well! There are times I don't even put a new pic on for that reason...I know there are separate apps that help with that...but I just don't want to bother with that extra step.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, my. I don't think I've ever heard that before about iOS 8. Or, if I did, I didn't really register it. Having my pictures stay the way I see them in the camera roll will be a welcome change [back to the way it was]! Awesome!

Thanks, scifan - and an awesome picture here... :)

Marilyn

I will certainly welcome that as well! There are times I don't even put a new pic on for that reason...I know there are separate apps that help with that...but I just don't want to bother with that extra step.
The ipad I created this wallpaper on is currently on iOS 8 beta 5 and I have reduce motion turned on. The framing of the wallpaper is exactly as it is in the camera roll. When I tried turning reduce motion off, the photo zoomed in very slightly, to allow for the parallax effect, but nothing like the great zooming effect like you get now in iOS 7.

It would be a mistake in my opinion if Apple did not keep this in the final release version.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lock screen
image.jpg

Home screen
image.jpg

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Didn't get any difference from the zooming in the wallpaper like what I was told, in fact it seems as if it worsened.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just returned from vacation at the ocean in N. Carolina (the state). While I was there, there was to be a full eclipse of the moon. So, I HAD to watch it! The eclipse was very cool to the naked eye, but it doesn't photograph well with an iPhone 6 Plus. However, the i6+ does take excellent photos of the dawn.

Here is my new lockscreen:

5yzeda9u.jpg

And, my new homescreen:

usuhysuv.jpg

Again, both these pictures were taken with the i6+ (the iPad is just too bulky to take to the beach shore ... tho it DID go on the trip! :D).

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet pictures, Marilyn!

I sat outside for 40 minutes before work watching the lunar ellipse. It was spectacular--have never been able to see it before because of time or cloud conditions. Welcome back!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great shots of the sunrise on the coast! I hope the rest of your vacation was as spectacular.

Most reactions