What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to create folders to manage files (pdf, xls, etc..) on iPad?

xWeaselx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently using iTunes to transfer pdf and excel files onto my iPad but can't see anyway to manage the files by putting them into separate folders. As an example I'd want to create a folder called June and one called July and keep certain files in the June folder. That way, if I was using say Adobe Acrobat to view pdf's, I wouldn't have to scroll through all of the pdf's on my iPad to get to the one I need. Instead I could quickly go into one of the folders I had created and quickly access the file. Not sure if this is possible on the iPad. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad is opposite than what you think in that there is no folder file system for files. Each app keeps its own files within it (and you can organize them within the app only). So, you can't make a generic folder of just files and then elect to access them with any app. They have to be within an app on the iPad.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using a cloud storage solution like Dropbox can allow foldered storage. It will also help with your transfer between iPad and computer. You can select which files you want to keep locally on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts