Possible end of 12.9 Ipad since 10.5???

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by Diane B, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have never visited an iPad Mini forum. Why? Well because I don't own an iPad Mini or have the slightest desire to use one. And so for me to go there and talk about how small it is just doesn't make sense. This is probably just my opinion.

2. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I must be one of the lazier 12.9 users. I never 'hold' it but rather use a case (like the Zugu-or even now the Logitech Slimcombo with or without the keyboard but the kickstand) that will sit in my lap set at an angle that will work for reading, viewing or writing with the Pencil. Of course they work fine on a table or desk too--but I did the same with all my 9.7"s also. Maybe its because I prefer using it landscape--I have only one app that requires portrait (that I recall) and its an entry app so isn't open too long. I will admit I no longer take the IPad to bed to read though-I found I could be easily distracted from reading so read in bed with a Kindle. A Mini would also be good for that--but still offer the ability to be distracted.

One of the things my friend who just received her 10.5 and compared to the 12.9 is that in mail only two panes can be viewed whereas 3 on the 12.9 (and for me who uses split screen constantly and will certainly even more with drag and drop in IOS 11 no contest). She likes the 10.5 for daily portability though in just a slipcase. Someone mentioned that if you like the big screen a better choice would be a laptop. I do have a 15" Macbook Pro but for me they are apples and oranges--the Ipad Pro is my device of choice about 90% or more. I just think its a personal decision but I'm counting on Apple to continue with 2 screen sizes since there are obviously fans of the bigger screen-hope there are enough of them.

3. BlingblingPeel

BlingblingPeel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I also like the bigger screen size but I rarely use the pencil, would be nice if they made it lighter. (note I'm one of those that has zero arm muscle, can barely lift anything)

4. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    That is a good point. I probably should not be posting here since I don't have a bigger iPad but I bet the bigger iPads are pretty heavy.

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for being so harsh! But yes they are heavy especially once you add a case. I'm beginning to believe the 10.5 just might be the sweet spot after all.

6. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    No problem.

7. Claudia P

Claudia P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got the 12.9 right after it released but kept my Air 2, I find I use both daily, kind of like the old Mounds/Almond Joy commercial, some times you feel like a nut some times you don't. lol
    I use the Air 2 enough that I got tired of the frustration of trying to draw with a stylus that was trying to beat the limitations of the Air 2 so I got the 10.5. This time around I will either sell or recycle the Air 2.
    If I'm working on something at my desk I prefer the 12.9 but if I'm watching/listening to TV and sitting in my recliner I prefer the smaller one, if I'm away from home, say waiting for my car having an oil change or waiting for someone at a Dr office I much prefer the smaller one.

So far I'm really happy with the 10.5, I only got it Friday so I haven't played with it that much. I can't wait till IOS 11 is here, I think that will really unleash the power of the new chip.
    My case/stand arrives tomorrow and I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more then when I can actually put it in my lap and draw away to my heart's content. :)

8. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Dang so you got the 10.5 and the 12.9? Now that's a little to much for me to spend and keep up with. :D

9. Claudia P

Claudia P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No lol I've had the 12.9 since it first came out and I'm keeping it. I bought the 10.5 to replace my Air 2.

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Makes sense and a very nice combo.