What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pos for the uk on ipad 3

mat.hump3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys and girls hope you can help me il looking to use my iPad for pos when I'm at events ( photography) I have found a few like shop keeper and lots for food service. Also lots of apps that have a high monthly rental on them plus I'm in the Uk and there's not many that support the uk. Can any one help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If POS means "point of sale," have you looked into the free app called Square? You have to order, from the company, a little dongle that goes into the iPad's head phones slot. When you receive the dongle, you sign up with the company so that you can accept cash, credit or debit card transactions. Then, it's a simple matter of opening the app, swiping the card (or typing in the cash amount) and you are off to the races. Oh, and from what I read, Square's fees are pretty reasonable.

From wandering around the Interwebz, it appears as if the app is available and can be used in the UK. But, I'd just recommend going to the company/developer's web site and reading up on that, among other things.

Might that work for you?

Marilyn

OP
M

mat.hump3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have but I'm in the UK which it dosent support

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, my bad. I took a UK news article about it to mean it was available in the UK.

BUT, thats the only one I knew of. Hopefully, someone else can chime in to help. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
M

mat.hump3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just took a closer look at square I think that the register might work but I'm not shore if you can change the currency

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PayPal just came out with a service competing with Square. I don't know any of the details, but it might be worth looking into.

OP
M

mat.hump3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had alook at pay pal but once agin not supported in the uk I just need a point of sale type system I doesnt need to be a card payment system some thing like shop keep but with Uk support and some thing that I don't have to sell a kidney to pay for baring in mind that I will on use it at events so mayqbe once a month

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was afraid of that.

Being in the U.S. and with nothing to sell, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. Hopefully someone else who knows more will come along an give you some ideas.

R Knox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Something that might be of interest to you is i-Pos check out our website at
Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links
. i-Pos is a UK based iPad Point of sale system with low monthly costs and an exciting feature set! Our launch date is very soon, pop your email address into the website for a notification when we launch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts