What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

Chantili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use landscape most always... And one thing that irks me, is that even if an app is usually in portrait on the iPhone, we should have the option to view it small in landscape view on the iPad instead of having to turn it to portrait just to have it large. Just like those apps that let you zoom in 1x or 2x, I wish they'd let us choose portrait or landscape.

rendezvous97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised by the results that the landscape is so much preferred. I've been a portrait guy for so long, but actually as I start to use more apps with landscape I think I'm preferring it now too. Do you all prefer to use apps in landscape as well?

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised by the results that the landscape is so much preferred. I've been a portrait guy for so long, but actually as I start to use more apps with landscape I think I'm preferring it now too. Do you all prefer to use apps in landscape as well?

That's the point of the whole thread.....
I don't care what orientation you flick through apps on the home screen with. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At first portrait now landscape unless I am using an iPhone app on my iPad then I have no choice but to use portrait. ;)

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I used the iPad landscape all the time. Now I use portrait all the time, except when it's on my fairly new iPad stand. In my opinion portrait just feels right.

Sent from my interestingCompanionPad

jojouichanco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad resides in a case with built-in keyboard so it's always in landscape. Very difficult holding the case in portrait, so I don't unless I really have to.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I used the iPad landscape all the time. Now I use portrait all the time, except when it's on my fairly new iPad stand. In my opinion portrait just feels right.

Sent from my interestingCompanionPad

I will use portrait when I am on the couch watching TV or something. Easier to hold with one hand and still surf the web.

mbarista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Pad lives in its stand on my bedside table in of cause in a fixed portrait (lean and play) mode...
When I use it for gaming, writing etc. bring on the landscape. Even if there was a halfscape mode (doesn't exist) that would rock too!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
If I can't set the iPad down and type, I hold it in portrait with both hands on it and typing with my thumbs.

I type landscape with my index fingers ;)

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts