What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Portrait

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Landscape

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No preference / interchangable

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

geo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape almost exclusively with button on left. I do not handle mine very much as I got one of the Griffin stands and leave it on there.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portrait mode nearly 100% of the time, unless it is a video or an app that requires landscape mode.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portrait when I'm surfing the Net or checking my e-mails. If I'm holding the iPad then it's portrait but if it's docked and I'm using the keyboard I have it on landscape.

paulpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portrait almost all of the time - since I'm mainly reading books/magazines or browsing the web.

People who watch a lot of video or play games will probably prefer landscape.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape 75% of the time. Exceptions: Words With Friends (works in portrait only), reading eBooks (more comfortable in portrait), playing Ancient Frog and sometimes Twitter (using TwitRocker or Tweetings).

Sayishere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mainly landscape, i only fo potrait when using ibooks or a game forces me to

avspatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape for me. I love iBooks since I can read in landscape from a screen that looks like an open book. I have actually found myself reaching to physically turn a page, forgetting I am on the iPad!

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another question...when holding it in landscape do you hold it with the home button to the right or left?

Typically, to the left. Unless I'm in the easy chair & charging up, in which case the outlet location sorta forces me to hold it the other way :D

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape button on the right almost always.

Most reactions