Popular Science has released a new digital iPad edition of their magazine. This new version features an intuitive navigation that lets you effortlessly explore each issue. Activate "looking" mode, and vibrant photos fill the screen; tap again for "reading" mode to dive into a story. Itâ€™s the latest in science and technology, brought to life on-screen. The current issue (April 2010) is available for $4.99 through the app store using this link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/popular-science/id364049283?mt=8.
Some of the features include:
After the jump, check out a video from the designers of the app.
- Easy swiping navigation that makes it a snap to explore an issue
- Unique browse mode that lets you focus exclusively on the magazine's bold, beautiful images
- Two ways to jump quickly between sections: from the pop-up contents panel or with a simple two-finger swipe
- Works in landscape or portrait modeâ€”hold the device however you like
- Uncompromised offline readingâ€”download once, and the whole issue is on your iPad for as long as you want it
- In-app store for buying future issues
- Library for storing all your back issues