OmniFocus is one of the best task manager apps available on iTunes, and now it has received a really useful update. Version 2.1 of the iPad app is now a universal title, being available for iPhone, iPad and even iPod users in specific versions. Many new features have been added, as follows:
Changes from OmniFocus for iPad 2.0.3
New features for the iPhone version:
- Customizeable Today Extension — show deferred items or choose a custom perspective to display in Notification Center (Pro)
- Tiled Home Screen (Pro) — Tap and Hold to drag tiles and customize your layout
- Extension Architecture — We’ve changed the underlying way extensions interact with the OmniFocus app to make adding and viewing items in extensions more responsive and generally seamless
Since it is now available as a universal app, the price of OmniFocus 2 has gone up from $30 to $40. The Pro upgrade costs an additional $20, but if you bought OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad, you will get it for free. Follow the link from below to download it.
- Landscape Support — Landscape orientation is now supported on iPhone
- Review — The Review perspective is now available on iPhone
- Perspective Creation (Pro) — Create perspectives on your iPhone
- Project Perspectives — Perspectives which use project hierarchy are now supported on iPhone
- Grouping and Sorting — Grouping and sorting are now available on iPhone
- Platform Parity — In general, all of the features of OmniFocus for iPad are now available on iPhone in this Universal app. If you can’t find something, let us know!