What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

popular highlights on the kindle app

dfishh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a fourth gen. ipad. i downloaded the kindle app and have been reading a popular fiction novel with it. i noticed the underlines in certain passages and clicked one. i got the 'x people have highlighted...' i want to turn that off. so i did what i always do which was to google it. i got two responses: 1. go the home screen and press the 'i' button in the bottom right of the screen.... i don't have an 'i' button in the bottom right of the screen. 2. go to the home page. go to settings. scroll all the way down and touch 'other' to select..... i don't have 'other' in any of my settings menus [that i can find]. there's got to be a way to turn it off. what is it? anybody?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I hope this is what you're looking for:
In the Kindle app, tap the "Settings" icon at the bottom, right. Then scroll down to "Other" and tap it. What you should see next, is "Popular Highlights". Disable it, look at the book again.
Hth

OP
D

dfishh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks johanna. that's exactly what i needed. it worked. -fish

Most reactions

Latest posts