What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popular Highlights not showing up in Kindle App

Zmanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When reading books on my KINDLE, it shows Popular Highlights (things that other readers of that book have highlighted). From what I've read about the Kindle App, it is supposed to do the same thing but it doesn't. In the Kindle App, under Settings, I have Popular Highlights set to ON. I can read a book on the Kindle and see the highlights, but in the Kindle App (I have an iPad2 if it makes a difference) I don't see any Popular Highlights and I know that the book has them.

Anybody have an idea how to fix? Is it working correctly for anybody? Does anybody else have the same issues that I am having?

Thanks for your help.

PS. I can make my own highlights and they work fine. I'm just not seeing the Popular Highlights.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's working on mine.

You have to tap on the book icon at the bottom of the page, when the book is open and you have the controls visible. The first book I tried nothing showed up, not even the option. I'm guessing because there were not any. The second one had a few highlights.

If you know that a book has highlights, try tapping on the sync icon when on the Home page. It's at the bottom right of the screen.

Also, check the App Store and make sure you have the latest update for the Kindle app.

katrina10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

There is an iOS app to be released this November 2013 that will make it more convenient for Kindle users to access notes and highlights. Snippefy (link can be found online) will let Kindle users share these notes and highlights to social media and also export them to Evernote, Dropbox and email.

I hope you will find this useful just as I do.

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts