What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop Up Messages

Carol Susan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this message pop up at the bottom of the iPad screen from various apps? I don't like that it says Good Morning Princess. It is popping up through DreamBox and ABC Reader apps. Any way to stop them from popping up.

IMG_0001.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Carol-

I deleted your other thread as it was a duplicate of this one.

Thanks for your understanding.

Skimonkey ~

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this message pop up at the bottom of the iPad screen from various apps? I don't like that it says Good Morning Princess. It is popping up through DreamBox and ABC Reader apps. Any way to stop them from popping up.

View attachment 69934

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm assuming that you have the DreamBox app on your device - correct? If so, is there a setting that can disable this feature? If not, do you need the app? Dave :)

OP
Carol Susan

Carol Susan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm assuming that you have the DreamBox app on your device - correct? If so, is there a setting that can disable this feature? If not, do you need the app? Dave :)
Hi. It's on our school iPads. No way to disable it in the settings. Guess I will explore more. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't say "princess!"

OP
Carol Susan

Carol Susan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Carol-

I deleted your other thread as it was a duplicate of this one.

Thanks for your understanding.

Skimonkey ~
Thanks. New to the threads. Wasn't sure which one to post on that would get the most feedback.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure it has anything to do with. DreamBox itself.

It took me a while to figure out how you got that screenshot. Turns out it's the app switcher view, only you don't have any older apps to switch to, just the home screen. When I look at my multitask switcher it occationally shows an app at the bottom like that; usually FaceBook. I believe this is iOS's guess as to which app you're most likely to want next, since you can tap on it to go straight to that app.

As for the phrase, it probably has to do with how your child's profile is set up. There's is a good chance that DreamBox calls all young ladies Princess. If you find it offensive you should probalby talk to your schools IT admin, and see if they have an option to change it.

Most reactions

Latest posts