What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor video quality on YouTube through 3G

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a search and found a post from June so I apologize if it has been recently discussed. If I watch a video from youtube app with wifi it takes longer to load then with 3G but it is high quality where as the 3G quality is very poor. It is almost unwatchable on 3G. Why is that and can you change a setting or something to improve the quality over 3G? Thanks for the help.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
YouTube scales video based on connection speed. There are no settings in the iPad YouTube app to change. You can log into youtube's website and see if there are settings there to force a certain speed.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube works great on my WiFi. Don't have my MicroSim as of yet.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have 2 choice...
Jailbreak and use 3G unrestrictor or use the youtube mobile site and choose hq and there you go problem solve...

Farhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a search and found a post from June so I apologize if it has been recently discussed. If I watch a video from youtube app with wifi it takes longer to load then with 3G but it is high quality where as the 3G quality is very poor. It is almost unwatchable on 3G. Why is that and can you change a setting or something to improve the quality over 3G? Thanks for the help.

Here's how to watch high quality youtube while using 3g..

1) open Safari.
2) type www.youtube.com
3) search video you wanna watch and before
playing it click on the little square box
(located at bottom right) that says "HQ".
4) once HQ box is red click play on video and enjoy
high quality youtube over 3g.

you can also add an icon on your home screen for "high quality youtube" by clicking on the + in safari and then clicking on "add to home screen"

Cheers,
Farhan

Most reactions

Latest posts