Poor Apple Customer service

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by khoyle, Apr 28, 2011.

1. khoyle

khoyle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Called Apple support about IPAD 2 issue and after discussion I was given a email address of the "supervisor" and a phone number with his extension. Since, I have email and called and left message with no response. I am very disappointed with Apple's customer service.

2. ipaduser434

ipaduser434
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How long have you been waiting for a response?

3. khoyle

khoyle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Over a week without any response. Not even to let me know that they received my message.

4. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    They are famous for their very

excellent customer service. I would guess that, like many companies, e-mail is not the way to go for help and you may get a lot grayer waiting forever for a response.

Call them or stop in personally to any Apple store.

5. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    That's really unfortunate and not the norm. I have numerous customer service experiences with Apple where they have gone far beyond the call of duty (even replacing an Apple Cinema display long after it was out of warranty)! There are hundreds of similar positive experience posts here and on other threads as well.

I would certainly call the CS number back and let them know the situation. I have no idea what happened and they aren't perfect, but as Wolfpuppies3 mentioned they are known world wide for excellence in customer service. Hopefully it just slipped through the cracks and once you contact them again they will get you taken care of.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

6. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree it is not normal I suggest calling back again and see what happens sometimes one may hit someone that may be new with Apple not that is an excuse but mistakes can ocure.

Apple has now opened a new support community and well worth looking at as here you may get the answer to your issue fast. I also suggest posting a new thread in help section here regard your problem and we may be able to resolve it. IPadforums has a bit team of experience users.

Apples site is
    https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

-and mods if you ban me for the link I will send a million kangaroos to harass you lol

#6 col.bris, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. jmorton10

jmorton10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    If you're going to get "a lot grayer waiting" then they have a lot of nerve giving out an email address at all. That is exactly the opposite of excellent customer service IMHO.

~John

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    hmm...:D

9. ipaduser434

ipaduser434
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Actually, that's the old community that was at the Apple site - just revamped and reorganized. They flubbed my membership during the transition, but now fixed.

Not sure where the OP is located, but I would call Apple support again and let them know the email and call have not been responded to, and ask to speak with a supervisor now.

I've never been on a customer service call where a supervisor wasn't around, and certainly have never been given a supervisor's email address. On the other hand, could be that the OP lives a distance from the nearest store (I'm 250 miles from one), and we non-city dwellers may be offered different options.

10. khoyle

khoyle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The rest of the story. I originally called on service due to a cracked screen. I was told that repair would cost $ 419 and the supervisor of customer service suggested I try to get my credit card to pay and gave me his Apple number with extention and his email address to let him know what I found out. No help with credit card, so I emailed and called the supervisor and asked him to return my call. After over a week and no response, I decided to travel to the nearest Apple store which is about a 2 hr drive. After 15 mins. in the Apple store, I walked out with a new Ipad2 at no cost to me. Now, that is good customer service. No more online help for me. I will make the drive to the Apple store.