What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Apple Customer service

khoyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called Apple support about IPAD 2 issue and after discussion I was given a email address of the "supervisor" and a phone number with his extension. Since, I have email and called and left message with no response. I am very disappointed with Apple's customer service.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are famous for their very

excellent customer service. I would guess that, like many companies, e-mail is not the way to go for help and you may get a lot grayer waiting forever for a response.

Call them or stop in personally to any Apple store.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called Apple support about IPAD 2 issue and after discussion I was given a email address of the "supervisor" and a phone number with his extension. Since, I have email and called and left message with no response. I am very disappointed with Apple's customer service.
That's really unfortunate and not the norm. I have numerous customer service experiences with Apple where they have gone far beyond the call of duty (even replacing an Apple Cinema display long after it was out of warranty)! There are hundreds of similar positive experience posts here and on other threads as well.

I would certainly call the CS number back and let them know the situation. I have no idea what happened and they aren't perfect, but as Wolfpuppies3 mentioned they are known world wide for excellence in customer service. Hopefully it just slipped through the cracks and once you contact them again they will get you taken care of.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it is not normal I suggest calling back again and see what happens sometimes one may hit someone that may be new with Apple not that is an excuse but mistakes can ocure.

Apple has now opened a new support community and well worth looking at as here you may get the answer to your issue fast. I also suggest posting a new thread in help section here regard your problem and we may be able to resolve it. IPadforums has a bit team of experience users.

Apples site is
https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

-and mods if you ban me for the link I will send a million kangaroos to harass you lol

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
excellent customer service. I would guess that, like many companies, e-mail is not the way to go for help and you may get a lot grayer waiting forever for a response.

Call them or stop in personally to any Apple store.

If you're going to get "a lot grayer waiting" then they have a lot of nerve giving out an email address at all. That is exactly the opposite of excellent customer service IMHO.

~John

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree it is not normal I suggest calling back again and see what happens sometimes one may hit someone that may be new with Apple not that is an excuse but mistakes can ocure.

Apple has now opened a new support community and well worth looking at as here you may get the answer to your issue fast. I also suggest posting a new thread in help section here regard your problem and we may be able to resolve it. IPadforums has a bit team of experience users.

Apples site is
https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

-and mods if you ban me for the link I will send a million kangaroos to harass you lol

hmm...:D

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, that's the old community that was at the Apple site - just revamped and reorganized. They flubbed my membership during the transition, but now fixed.

Not sure where the OP is located, but I would call Apple support again and let them know the email and call have not been responded to, and ask to speak with a supervisor now.

I've never been on a customer service call where a supervisor wasn't around, and certainly have never been given a supervisor's email address. On the other hand, could be that the OP lives a distance from the nearest store (I'm 250 miles from one), and we non-city dwellers may be offered different options.

OP
K

khoyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rest of the story. I originally called on service due to a cracked screen. I was told that repair would cost $ 419 and the supervisor of customer service suggested I try to get my credit card to pay and gave me his Apple number with extention and his email address to let him know what I found out. No help with credit card, so I emailed and called the supervisor and asked him to return my call. After over a week and no response, I decided to travel to the nearest Apple store which is about a 2 hr drive. After 15 mins. in the Apple store, I walked out with a new Ipad2 at no cost to me. Now, that is good customer service. No more online help for me. I will make the drive to the Apple store.

newton23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My First Experience with Apple

I waited for so long....and then felt the need to join the iPad craze. Unfortunately, my first experience with Apple support has been beyond disappointing. Here's my story, as I posted to their website...will wait to see whether I get a response.

My first venture into the world of "i" was the purchase of an iPad that I ordered the beginning of May. Original date of delivery was May 13; however, my wife and I were leaving for vacation on May 12 and really wanted to have the iPad with us while traveling. My story begins there:

May 9 - called Apple to see if delivery could be expedited to arrive at original address and was informed shipping could not be further expedited but that I could re-route the package to my vacation destination. The support rep on this call mentioned that the product needed to hit Fed-Ex's tracking system before any such changes could be made and indicated that a support rep could make such a change if I called back once I saw it in Fed-Ex's tracking system.

May 10 - called back to re-route package and was told that Apple could not, in fact, re-route the order for me (inconsistency #1). I need to process the request on apple.com/go/shipment. And that I could not do this for another 24 hours (order needed to be in the system for some period of time first - inconsistency #2).

May 11 - successfully re-routed order to vacation desintation. Subsquently checked tracking status on Fed Ex, noting expected delivery date of May 17.

May 16 - checked tracking status on Fed-Ex and saw no movement since May 11. Called Apple; support rep indicated package was still on track to be delivered to Hawaii by May 17 (note: Apple rep did not appear to note a problem with the re-routing order - problem #3; nor did Apple proactively alert me that there was a problem with the re-routing order anytime bewteen May 11 and May 16 - problem #4)

May 17 - checked with hotel front desk - no package deliveries for me. Checked status with Fed-Ex who provided the first indication that the re-routing order was processed incorrectly. Fed Ex indicated that I needed to resolve through Apple. At this point, it was after Apple support hours.

May 18 - spoke with Apple support rep - rep verified the problem with the re-routing order. Rep was very helpful and indicated that the best solution at this point was to re-route again back to the original delivery address. The rep indicated that he would like to discuss the situation directly with Fed Ex and that he didn't want to keep me on hold. Could he call me back in approx. 10 minutes? I said yes and thanked him for his assistance. What appeared to be the first breakthrough in resolving this issue became problem #5 - I didn't get a call back.

May 24 - didn't hear back from Apple since May 18 (and elected not to spend anymore vacation time chasing this) so called again. Discussed my conversation with Apple support from May 18, but was told there was no record of this call in Apple's system (problem #6). I asked if the rep could call Fed Ex to try to re-route the package but was told Apple support reps are not permitted to contact Fed via phone (inconsistent with what I was told on the 18th - problem #7). The rep offered to process the re-routing order via apple.com/go.shipment on my behalf, but could/would not confirm successful processing (at this point, good customer service dictates that some hand-holding is warranted....but not here - problem #8). I apparently need to track the shipment again in the next 24-48 hours to verify that the new re-routing order was processed successfully.

May 26 - No movement in Fed Ex tracking status. Called Fed Ex who indicated that the shipment is lost and that Apple needs to submit a claim. Called Apple once again. Problem #9 - I needed to tell Apple the shipment was lost. The process for investigating the lost shipment was explained - would take approximately 48 - 72 hours to complete the investigation and determine proper course of action. I asked the rep if a note can be placed in my file to call me in 72 hours to provide me with an update (irrespective of status). I was told that I would need to specifically request that from a manager (problem #10 - Apple not only doesn't recognize a poor service experience and unhappy customer; they do not empower their teams to proactively address customer concerns).

So I've chosen to share my feedback via this forum to start. My hope is that Apple will choose to call me to 1) discuss the poor service experience and 2) proactively take steps to complete my order/shipment in an expedited manner.

I appreciate your consideration in this matter.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a private forum and sorry we are not associated with Apple. It is unfortunate about your problem however fed ex may be to blame. If the address on line was correct

I suggest making another call to Apple and customer service fed ex we did have a direct contact with fed ex in this forum. I am on my iPhone so please search threads fed ex for 2010 that may help

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newton23 said:
I waited for so long....and then felt the need to join the iPad craze. Unfortunately, my first experience with Apple support has been beyond disappointing. <snip>

It's unfortunate that things didn't go as well as you would have liked. However I guess I would ask if any company could have met your expectations...Dell, Asus, Toshiba, Sears, Amazon...anyone? No company is perfect but based on your in-depth coverage Apple appears to have done their level best to meet your needs.

Apple's customer service is legendary with thousands of stories about how they've gone far beyond the call duty (I have my own). Again, they aren't perfect and it's unfortunate that they (and/or FedEx) missed the mark in this case. However I think one needs to have realistic expectations.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple will not, and never have, respond to customer complaints on a public forum - you'd have better luck writing to them directly with your concerns. This isn't Apple customer support, so apart from sympathy there's not much we can do. Given that Apple are shipping tens if not hundreds of thousands of orders at any given time, it is inevitable that some of them, especially those requiring special arrangements on a certain timeframe, may be lost or misdelivered.

Most reactions

Latest posts