What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poof ....and then it was gone. "CYDIA"

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi all, twerppoet, Mickey 330, .............
Hope all on the forum had a god weekend mine was fair but a minor problem that is as persistent as
the curiosity itself. A question .
What would make or allow the Cydia icon to disappear. I opened my I pad to open Cydia ,
Clicked on, and it started up, then POOF ....no Cydia.. Now , on my home screen the icon is
Missing. I am using my other iPad to text this problem on the forum. I am positive it is still jail broken,
so I don't need to re do that, I checked in spotlight search, resprung ,but to no avail ...NO CYDIA.
ANY ADVICE... I know how to reaload thru I tunes on pc but I am curious, has this happened,
To any one else, and is there a solution without using I tunes.
IT SEEMS to me that there should be a way to recover icon without I tunes and the jail broke application still running..... Thanks all. Now I have to go back to some boring other stuff called ,
WORK ......................,,.... APPRECIATING YALL, A.GOODWIN

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. Hopefully, you've solved your issue (sorry ... I must have missed this post).

But, if you haven't - can you tell us what you were doing before Cydia disappeared? Or, what tweak(s) you downloaded?

Cause you are right, Cydia should definitely NOT disappear!

Marilyn

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn, sorry to take so long to reply , ummmmm yes I still do not have i con for Cydia . I was exploring in big boss last and I closed it out then closed Cydia , .
Everything was normal after doing so . I returned 3 hrs later clicked on Cydia icon
It started up then lost it and the icon . Now I feel im still jail broken and there is a few themes still docked in settings however no Cydia on home page . It's odd ?

Most reactions

Latest posts