What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polaris app

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone else using Polaris? It seems to retain formatting very well. I have connected the app to my Dropbox account and can retrieve files from there easily but, for the life of me, cannot see how to get it back to Dropbox when I have finished editing. I just see "save" or "save as" to my iPad. What am I missing, please?

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At first I did not understand the manual when it comes to uploading to Dropbox but I now get it! You have to do it from your Dropbox app, not from Polaris, which is a bit strange but it works!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seems awkward.

DropBox has API's to allow third party apps direct access. Heck, third party access is "the feature" that makes DropBox so popular. I wonder why they didn't use them.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True, but I was not quite accurate. Forgot how to do it again! It is SO easy in Quick Office! You have to upload by accessing Dropbox from the Polaris app.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am saying that I am too old to remember how to navigate the app! I think it would become easy if I were to keep using it. Seriously though, I think it could be made easier.

Most reactions

Latest posts