What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pointy corners?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, just a guess, but I think it's the right answer.

The corners are always square, more or less. Using CSS is is possible to create background images for each page element. The usual background element for the head has the top corners colored black, so that they look rounded. If the admins are fiddling with the site, or some minor glitch keeps that background from loading it would default to the background color (not image) and the corners would look square again. It's confusing because the background image and the default color are almost identical.

If you look lower at the main page element you notice that it's corners appear rounded too, until you look very, very close. They are actually pointed. You can see this because the gray is not quite a perfect match for the boarder background, which is textured, making it impossible for a single color to completely blend in.

Umm, never mind. Just realized it's the Safari header that is changing. So it would be a glitch in Safari, not the page. Same theory though, sort of, without the CSS and involving arcane objects and resources that I don't' really understand.

Last edited:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm, never mind. Just realized it's the Safari header that is changing. So it would be a glitch in Safari, not the page. Same theory though, sort of, without the CSS and involving arcane objects and resources that I don't' really understand.

That's what I was going to say. :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

That's what I was going to say. :D

The theory, or that I I'd made a boo boo. :D

Played around a bit on a hunch. Still don't' know if this is what is happening, but;

If you use the accessibility zoom feature it is possible to duplicate this. Very fiddly and I could only do it in portrait (landscape was too hard to adjust), but you can zoom just enough to crop the corners while still keeping all the status bar visible. I you had somehow accidentally gotten the zoom set to this barely two to four pixels enlarged view, then every time you accidentally did a double three finger tap you'd go in and out of this view.

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, just a guess, but I think it's the right answer.

The corners are always square, more or less. Using CSS is is possible to create background images for each page element. The usual background element for the head has the top corners colored black, so that they look rounded. If the admins are fiddling with the site, or some minor glitch keeps that background from loading it would default to the background color (not image) and the corners would look square again. It's confusing because the background image and the default color are almost identical.

If you look lower at the main page element you notice that it's corners appear rounded too, until you look very, very close. They are actually pointed. You can see this because the gray is not quite a perfect match for the boarder background, which is textured, making it impossible for a single color to completely blend in.

Lol, what? Even I didn't understand that. But at least we figured out the problem now.

Most reactions

Latest posts